🌸 Emily’s tasks journal

:yellow_circle: sat 27

I didn’t do any tasks yesterday (hence not green), but I also didn’t feel any anxiety about tasks (hence not red).

Factors:

• Spent the whole day with couchsurfers and then at a name day party

:rice_ball: today

Some of the tasks that are on my mind today:

1. I have to post a water bottle that the couchsurfers forgot when leaving.

• What if it takes longer than two days to arrive.
    • What if it gets damaged while shipping.
    • What if I’m supposed to send it in a box but I don’t have a box.
    • (see: Indecision journaling together)
    • Also: generally it’s hard for me to feel like something is “not my problem”. If my water bottle got damaged, I would probably feel dejected for the whole day.
  2. I also have to post a backpack that previous couchsurfers forgot at the tram stop.

• What if it gets damaged while shipping.
    • What if I’m supposed to send it in a box but I don’t have a box.
    • Maybe I can just wait for a week and then I’m actually going to be in the [city where I’m supposed to ship it to].
      • It will be a hassle though. I’d rather ship it.
  3. I want to update the Notion table where I keep track of all couchsurfers I hosted.

• I don’t want to. No idea why.
      • Maybe because I have an aversion to using my laptop in general nowadays? Also no idea why.
        • Maybe it’s because I’m supposed to use my laptop to do tasks?
  4. I’m supposed to look at the work laptop (the other work laptop) and see whether I got any messages.

• Those messages are going to be about things I have to do.
    • And I know it will take me three weeks to eventually do those things, so I don’t even want to look.
  5. I should update some certificates.

• It will take some time because I forgot how to do it.
    • But even if I do it, I’ll have to do it later again, and again, and I’ll keep forgetting about it and will feel bad again later.
    • [shame?]

The overall effect from all of this is that I feel… not even anxious, more like “miserable”. Can’t go out and enjoy life.

3 Likes