Feature request: Weekends, public holidays, sickness

Hi!

It has been discussed here before that taking a break on all weekends is quite difficult in beeminder. Solutions that were posted involved running some scripts, which I am not really into for beeminder.

Another suggestion was: To make sure to be in the green by Friday, so I can take a break on the weekend. As another user adequately remarked (similarly): I wouldn’t need beeminder if beating acrasia and planning ahead for longer term goals was easy for me. :slight_smile:

Devs, is there an automated weekend feature planned?

I would also like to add that automatic flat spots on public holidays would be a nice thing (maybe for the main countries your users are from).

6 Likes

Very much so! We’ve been suuuuper slow because doing it right touches so many things behind the scenes (like a proper road editor) but we’ve just decided that we’re going to stop waiting for that and hack something together shorter term since people really desperately need this yesterday.

7 Likes

Yeah we need it like yesterday, but we have done that for a loooong time :smile_cat: please don’t make a hack if it makes it more complicated to use.

3 Likes

Great to hear, thank you!

1 Like