First goal and I broke it. (screenshot)

So, I just tried to set up my first goal. And you know how they try to make it super easy and dummy-proof? Then some guy comes along (not naming names) and decides to see what happens when I plug 9999 into the lead time.

Now I am trying to fix it. And I keep logging one chapter for today and it accepts the input but when I refresh, I keep coming back to this screenshot. Oh! And I reset the ramp time to 7 days.

Any suggestions?

2 Likes

Welcome to Beeminder!!

Without knowing how to fix it there are a couple things you may find useful:

1. Beeminder support is amazing. If you let them know what happened I’m sure they’ll fix it for you.
  2. Beeminder lets you delete your goal in the first week with no consequences. On occasion I’ll do this when I mess up a new goal so badly that it’s less work to just start over.
2 Likes

I fixed this up earlier to get it working again, at least (we got a message about the error). I sent you a quick message at the time, so just reply to that if you need any help setting it up the way you want! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yep, just want to add to the amazing support “testimonial”. You really never have to worry about making mistakes or breaking things. Support will fix it and obviously not charge it (they send an email and wait 24h before charging) and even if you miss the email and you get charged, they’ll reverse the charge.

Just the best support team/company I have ever dealt with in my life. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thank you to each of you for the replies. Glad to know that the support is so helpful. That has not always been my experience which is why I defaulted to the community.

Cheers!

4 Likes