Gratitude journaling together

1. The palak paneer I made yesterday turned out excellent, and suddenly it occurs to me that my indian cooking is actually good now. I used to tend to feel like I had no idea what I was doing and I was unhappy with the results, but now I’m pretty happy with what I can do (although my repetoire is still pretty small).
  2. Some merch I ordered a long time ago has shipped!
  3. Even after playing 800+ hours skyrim continues to amuse me. Actually maybe I should play something else lol.
6 Likes

Thank you! It appears to have been my anniversary of “having a forum account”! :smiley:

1. SGQ: I’m good at and enjoy cooking! My fried rice today was excellent.

2. I continue to be grateful my wife has a bunch of days off work in a row! We actually got spend a solid amount of time together today and it was lovely. We got a massage!

3. My dog’s adorable light-up collar for nighttime park trips.

6 Likes
  1. Today me and some of my FFXIV friends are gonna try to do some recent very hard content together. I’m the designated barrier healer, wish me luck… (Barrier healer = I protect the group with shields to try to prevent damage, rather than healing after damage is done. There will be a pure healer with us as well, but I’ll have to be pretty proactive and on the ball.) Anyway, I’m glad we’re doing stuff like this, and that everyone has promised to be patient with the problem I have where I can’t visualise anything.
  2. A fascinating conversation with someone about my aphantasia where they seemed to get how it can be really limiting in ways people don’t realise.
  3. No studying today so I can take my work day slow.
7 Likes
  1. Found Organice, which may be my solution to accessing org mode stuff on my phone
  2. Went to see the Wallace Collection today - been before, but always fabulous.
  3. Went for a run along the river - haven’t done this for years
5 Likes

I am grateful I have a distance between myself and toxic family

Got to work on time today

My arabic learning is finally picking up

Looking forward to the weekend

6 Likes
  1. I pretty much understood all of a 2-hour stream of a Japanese person playing Geogussr that I’ve watched gradually over the course of this week.
  2. Finally got a reasonable amount of sleep after many weeks!
  3. Remembered to post my most important things for the day to my weekly goals support group.
  4. Lots to look forward to this weekend!
  5. That I put a pause on all my time intensive Beeminder goals for next week.
  6. Nice chill chat with support workerbees earlier today!
5 Likes
  1. My static (my FFXIV group) did well at the EX together. We didn’t clear it, but we made very good progress. We’ll try again on Monday.
  2. Feeling pleasantly tired this evening.
  3. It’s the weekend!
5 Likes
  1. self-gratitude-quota: i’m grateful to myself that i took the time to clean the living room today. it didn’t take nearly as long as i feared! there’s still stuff left to do (like vacuum and wipe the tables), but i can do those tomorrow! i won’t have to do everything tomorrow; yay!
  2. i’m grateful i didn’t fight with my mum today. we had a pretty long phone conversation, watched a debate on tv, and discussed a divisive topic that she’s very emotional about, and throughout all that we managed to neither shout nor be mad at each other :D
  3. i’m grateful i finally took the time to stack some dice! :D why did i want to do that, you ask? because i want to perfectly fill out the backerkit survey for koriko*! also i would never turn down an excuse to play with my dice! ;) trying to stack a 21+ d6-tower has been on my list for probably two weeks, so i’m glad i took the time for it tonight. maybe i can even convince some of my friends tomorrow to get stacking as well, then i can submit more data to the survey :P (we’ll actually be playing board games tomorrow, so it very much would fit the theme, haha!)

* “koriko: a magical year” is “a tarot-driven story game of novice witches, urban exploration and teenage drama for one player”. i backed it on kickstarter and am beyond excited to receive it and start playing it! can’t wait! :D

5 Likes
  1. We have a kerbside collection starting on Monday (we put out any rubbish, especially things that are too large to fit in the bins, and the council sends people around to collect it for reuse, recycling, or disposal).
  2. I spent a solid amount of time filling up the footpath.
  3. Someone has already taken some old power extension cables that they can strip the wire out of.
5 Likes
  1. SGQ: I feel like I’ve been doing a good job balancing beemos and other chores/errands with relaxation & family time recently.
  2. My friend came to visit for cocktails and board games!
  3. On a related note, this board game (currently out of print) my little brother designed is incredibly joyful.
5 Likes
  • SGQ: Today is my resting day, and I managed to learn stuff on my computer instead of sleep and watch anime. So I’m now more rested, but I still learnt some stuff today
  • A friend called me, and she’s seriously interested in going on vacation with me
  • Today, there’s a party with my friends
5 Likes
  1. I spent a pleasant afternoon at a festival with some friends today.
  2. A conversation with them about language learning made me realize I really ought to double or triple the amount of time I’m studying japanese, and beeminder made it pretty easy to commit myself to that!
  3. I started playing Persona 4 and have been enjoying it a lot.
4 Likes
  1. i’m grateful for a super fun evening spent with friends. we played anomia, exploding kittens, and love letter—it was all super fun and i can’t wait to do it again!
  2. i’m grateful that 8 out of 10 people have already said they’ll come to my party next saturday. two ansewrs are still needed, but i reminded the one friend tonight of that, so i’m optimistic i’ll get them tomorrow.
  3. self-gratitude-quota: i’m grateful that i did a good job with the windows today. we’re always struggling to open them regularly during the day. granted, it was dozens of levels easier today because i didn’t leave the house, let alone had to go to work, which always significantly limits the amount of time i spend at home. but i’m still proud of myself, and grateful that it didn’t feel like a struggle / whole thing (which it very often does)!

i’m super happy about how chill and fun and wonderful today went. weirdly, i struggled writing this post more than i usually do XD i think it’s a mix of two things: i don’t necessarily think that being grateful for something and being happy about something are always interchangable; and i’ve decided for myself that self-gratitudes have to be of the type “something i did / something which i have 100% control over”. so basically that only counts things which i could be held fully responsible for if they (don’t) happen. (so, opening the windows counts, but spending a fun evening or being generally happy doesn’t count, because there could be external factors inhibiting those / i wouldn’t have a “recipe” for them that always works without fail.) i guess overall, for today, i’m more grateful about things which fall into the other category; or at least i couldn’t think of anything else self-gratitude-worthy (for today, at least, but i do try to not do generic ones too often). a very good problem to have, in either case! :D

6 Likes
  1. More things that I’d put out on the footpath have been taken by passers-by.
  2. A butterfly in the garden.
  3. I finished my morning routine today even though I was tired from poor sleep.
5 Likes
  1. SGQ: I was very dedicated to helping my friend move today! We got a lot done.
  2. The home inspector I worked with today was extremely thorough and detail-oriented.
  3. Related: the home-buying process is moving surprisingly smoothly!
6 Likes

I’m also aphantastic (undiagnosed) at least as far as an inability to ‘visualise’, to mentally rotate shapes without moving my hands, etc. Has led to great conversations with some folks and ridiculous teasing from others.

examples of the great:

• a question about visual memory, which I do seem to have — I could draw you a map or the layout of my airbnb — but I don’t ‘see’ stuff
  • a conversation with a producer who turned down 3D goggles when viewing a location, because he could do the set dressing in his head and didn’t need the AR/VR mockup

PS: Grateful for the gratitude journaled here. Most often vicariously grateful.

7 Likes
  1. My free company (guild) on FFXIV are pretty certain to win ourselves a house today. That will be useful for some in-game stuff like buffs for crafting, and so we can build airships and submarines.
  2. Event planned for today with the FC.
  3. Soooo close to a blackout on my “BookSpinBingo” card.
6 Likes
  1. Relaxing quiet day yesterday between expeditions
  2. A tasty veggie burger for lunch
  3. Our new hotel in Brighton not only has a sea view, but has a bath with a sea view!
6 Likes
  1. SGQ: I really allowed myself to do nothing this weekend, as opposed to working. I’m ready for a new week!
  2. The party with my friend last night was cool, even though I really didn’t want to go
  3. I’m in a huge sleep debt from last week, but I’ve fallen asleep and did a huge siesta so I think that I’m even with the sleeping gods, lol.
6 Likes
  1. I’m pretty good at long distance driving, even under somewhat strenuous conditions.
  2. Group coaching lesson really clicked with what I read in Awakening Your Ikigai earlier in the week.
  3. That I scheduled a break from almost all my goals for the next 8 days.
6 Likes