Gratitude journaling together

1. I took last week to focus on one project only, and it paid off :palm_tree:
  2. I watched funny anime today :popcorn:
  3. We ate sush! :sushi:

I noticed that I don’t really enjoy pure days-off that much… There’s a bad vibe to being lazy all day to me. I wish I spent a bit of time reading, for instance.

The key to satisfaction in a given day seems to have one challenging but doable intention as well as having social interactions (for me).

LOL, yeah, good enough! You know what, I’m inspired to find a scratching fork now!

2 Likes
  1. Just read a new book all in one go. Always nice. (One of the Object Lessons books – this one was Personal Stereo by Rebecca Tuhus-Dubrow.)
  2. Cuddles with Biscuit Bun.
  3. I made a friend laugh (and that’s rare for him).
3 Likes
  • self-gratitutde-quota: i’m grateful i walked part of the way home today, and didn’t take public transport all the way. i think i needed that walk.
  • i’m grateful i remembered to order some things for my mother’s birthday just now. it’s still basically a month away, but it’s always good to have everything early.
  • i’m grateful i’m tired enough to be in bed very early (comparatively). i’ll need it; most mondays for the next few months force me to be somewhere at already 9 a.m. which is normal for most people, but absolutely horrible for me, especially since i take way longer to get there than to both of my jobs, which are within walking distance. (and i also don’t have to show up at work at nine.) [mondays are my new hate days now, i think. am i finally an adult?]
3 Likes
  1. New car is very nice - plug-in hybrid, so at least we feel a bit more eco
    2.Long call to X who is doing well after Y
  2. Blossom on some of the trees is starting to peek out, and looks beautiful
3 Likes
  1. Lisa has some time off. Okay, I’m a little bit jealous, since of course I don’t get paid time off – but grateful all the same that they get some.
  2. It’s finally the week of my GP appointment.
  3. Did a lot of reading this weekend.
3 Likes
  • i’m grateful for gladness moment #1 today. initially, when i heard that my boss would unexpectedly be in the office today, that stressed me out. but then there was a moment when we were working on something and i realised that he does have kind of a calming aura/effect on me. we got a decent amount of things done in the end, and i’m pretty sure time passed faster than it would have if i’d been alone—so i’m grateful and glad that things worked out this way today.
  • i’m grateful for gladness moment #2 today. i forgot the context for this one already as well, but i distinctly remember a feeling of happiness and greatefulness when i was talking to my flatmate on the couch tonight. we were probably just joking around, and/or being tired together, and i was once again grateful to just have him in my life.
  • self-gratitude-quota: i’m grateful i took my pain meds today when i needed them. sometimes when i’m home alone all day i decide to wallow in my pain for whatever reason, and don’t end up taking them because i convince myself i don’t need them, or whatever… but when it flared up during class today, i didn’t hesitate long and just took the meds. it takes a while before they show any effects, obviously, but they did help as usual, and i’m glad i took them. hashtag self care!
3 Likes
  1. Friends trying to keep my spirits up when I’m anxious.
  2. New content on FFXIV!
  3. The silly promotional content on FFXIV today: turning this song into the very cute soundcheck here (warning: very high voices, possibly painful singing). It’s an adorable idea. Also effective marketing, of course.
3 Likes
  1. I was motivated and finished a book, and started applying it today! (it’s Shape Up; others have been reading it here)
  2. I made a ton of progress today, even though I didn’t work that much
  3. I’m getting better at guitar improv’
3 Likes
  • i’m grateful for discovering a fun new series.
  • self-gratitude-quota: i’m grateful i’ll get well more than 7 hours of sleep tonight, if all goes well. it won’t be a full 8; but i only had around 6 the previous night; so around 7 is great!
  • i’m grateful i’ve so far been sticking with my daily morning and night paper routines. after i get up, i just write a few points in my sleep diary; at night i look at my bullet journal (including aspirational goals for the month) and usually write a little in my diary as well. especially the night reflection is super valuable, i think.
    peek behind my brain: in the past, i’ve had times where i very much needed to Not Even Look at all my journal thingies, for self-care-reasons. but doing it regularly, and especially today, makes and made me more aware of some things. like, i probably very much need to reframe how i think about certain aspects of my life. i think i need to get away from a thought process that marks certain days as “failures”, when they absolutely aren’t. yes, i didn’t do any uni work today; but i have nothing too big or too urgent coming up immediately. yes, i didn’t work on my application, but it’s only gonna be a beemergency tomorrow, and i haven’t even derailed on it once, yet. yes, i just basically collapsed on the couch after i got home tonight; but i also did some minor cooking. i also took a short walk after work in order to meet my steps goal. i also had fairly productive day at work. i even practiced quite a lot of duolingo this morning, i gained well over 80 xp, i think. (my daily goal is 50xp, and i have so much buffer as well again.) i guess this is a great topic to discuss in therapy this week as well, but, to sum it up and to end it on an unambiguously positive note:
  • i’m grateful that i’m learning to reevaluate my views of myself.
3 Likes
  1. Lisa’s got their official diagnosis of ADHD.
  2. It’s snowing!
  3. Plans with Siny and Thaumiel for the weekend.
3 Likes
  • i’m grateful that the customs thing i mentioned a few days ago went through without a problem. i went to pick up my package today, so yay for me digging out the things they wanted not having been for nothing!
  • i’m grateful beeminder pushed me to do some minor application work today. i don’t know why i’m still surprised by this every time, but beeminder actually works like i want it to, most of the time … (don’t look at my nofpy goal; don’t look at my nofpy goal; don’t look at my—) i fully would not have jotted down a few more drafts tonight were it not for the beemergency. this is great!
  • self-gratitude-quota: i’m grateful i’m regularly adultris-ing again, and enjoying it! maybe it’s the new markers, maybe it’s the new page (decided to completely abandon the incomplete old, sad one, as to not depress myself with the meagre progress that had happened there), maybe it’s the new layout of the new page (there’s no frame around the field now, it’s just one empty page that’s gonna get filled from the ground up), maybe it’s the new freedom i have with regards to both piece colours and pieces, as far as connected tasks go, maybe it’s the fact that i have absolutely had at least one piece to draw almost every single day so far—probably it’s all of those things to varying degrees. anyway, gratitude for that!

(edited to add which one of these is the sgq; luckily there was one, i just originally forgot to note it. XD)

3 Likes
  1. Tomorrow is finally the day of my GP appointment.
  2. It didn’t snow much yesterday but it was pretty for a while, and it’s snowing again today.
  3. My preorder of K.J. Charles’ new book is on the way.
4 Likes
  1. I got a new computer! Me as a child would be soooo excited.
  2. I freed myself from a work commitment that was looming over me by working on it for 10 minutes. That’s a pretty good trade.
  3. I’m making a lot of music! That’s because I decided to stop watching anime, so I have to do something else while I’m procrastinating…
  4. It rained, and even though I wish I could go outside, touch plants, put my hands in the dirt and speak with birds, I like the smell and the sound of it :smiley:
  5. Overall, I feel like I’m going into the right direction
2 Likes
  • i’m grateful that i was more motivated for / before work today than yesterday. i was even actually super punctual for once!
  • i’m grateful for a relatively chill day at work today. got a few things done all while not feeling the familiar overwhelming stress from the last few months; the dream!
  • i’m grateful that we had one of my favourite meals for dinner tonight. a parsnip and polenta dish. :yum::yum:

(edited to add that i unfortunately forgot to do a sgq for that day! :sob: none of these three count, by my definition. well, i guess i’ll also need to get better at remembering them again, it seems!)

3 Likes
  1. I walked down a street with many frangipani trees in bloom and it smelt delightful.
  2. At a coffee shop, I took my cup back to the counter as I left and the staff’s surprised gratitude made me smile.
  3. Jeremy cleared his things out of two shelves for me to use them.
4 Likes
  1. The thing we’ve been building up to for 2 1/2 months, our house purchase, completed all ok yesterday! SO happy about this, as there have been so many delays and hiccups on the way!
  2. Despite the worst snow for at least 5 years here, the movers arrived ok and got everything into the house on time
  3. We indulged in pizza for dinner to celebrate :pizza: :heart_eyes:
4 Likes
  • self-gratitude-quota: despite it being much later than it should be, i’m grateful that i spent my free evening today “semi-productively”. (quotes because i dislike most commonly accepted ideas about “productivity”.) i did watch one episode of my new favourite show (they’re all favourites until the next one comes along, lol), but then i didn’t watch another and instead fell into a rabbit hole of reorganising my spotify playlists and albums and concepts. (i have a whole system. it’s complicated. it got slightly revamped tonight. these things take a lot of time. who would have guessed XD)
  • i’m grateful that lunch managed to recharge my batteries today. i noticed a stark contrast between before and after lunch with regards to my motivation about Doing The Work Things.
  • self-gratitude-quota: i’m grateful i managed to combine my walk today with doing useful things despite the late hour. i went to the train station mall thingy, where i made both a hairdresser’s appointment, and bought some paper i want to use for at least one of my application projects.

(edited to add which ones of these are the sgqs. luckily there was not one, but two! which means that i didn’t really forget yesterday’s sgq, i just postponed it to today! XP [that is not how this works, obviously XD] anyway, i hope i’ll get better about remembering to add these again! [maybe they’ve not been coming up as much because i didn’t always explicitly think of them? i usually thought of 2-3 gratitudes in general, and then i decided if one of them qualified for the sgq. if it didn’t, i’d think again to find something. if it did, i’d just put the note in front of it and call it a day. maybe a little more conscious effort would help me remember better.])

2 Likes
  • i’m grateful for music. music is great!
  • self-gratitude-quota: i’m grateful i asked about the magazine i need in library today. i’ll have to go there at least once more for the same thing i was there today for, so there was no need to absolutely ask today. in fact, i thought i wasn’t going to ask. i’m grateful i did, though, i got a helpful and friendly answer.
    [wow this feels so long ago. another case of if i hadn’t made note of this during the day, i probably wouldn’t have remembered it.]
  • i’m grateful for a super early bedtime tonight. fingers crossed for a lot of sleep!
2 Likes
  1. SGQ: I’m making progress on a real issue in my life right now (Addicting yourself to something on purpose?) :brain: :zap:
  2. I felt good while making music today :musical_score:
  3. I ate good food yesterday’s evening and today :pray:
2 Likes
  1. Ikea order arrived at 7.30am (on a Sunday, no less!), so I had the whole day to work on assembly
  2. amazed at how one can order some deeply obscure thing, and astonishingly have it turn up the next day. We take it for granted, but it is truly amazing!
  3. the healing power of sleep. I really need some today, and it will arrive all on its own this evening.
2 Likes