Gratitude journaling together

1. Managed to get an appointment for my scan sooner than they originally gave me. Thank goodness for people who cancel when they can’t attend, freeing up appointments for other people.
  2. New books by KJ Charles and Jordan L. Hawk.
  3. The new DLC on Two Point Campus is fun and absorbing.
4 Likes
  1. My back is feeling much better
  2. The weekend plumbing emergency seems to be staying fixed
  3. House is staying nice and warm
4 Likes
  • self-gratitude-quota: i’m grateful i went outside for a little bit today. ran some minor errands in the vicinity. makes me confident that i’ll tackle being back at work tomorrow well.
  • i’m grateful that the new beeminder goal i set up today only starts being a beemergency tomorrow. this was not fully intentional, i probably just overlooked a step during goal creation, and i had planned to do some work on it today already, but as akrasia stories go … well, my flatmate was home earlier than expected, and then i had to go out to run the errands as well, and i kind of fell into a little “end of sickness”/relaxation slump after all that, and now it’s late enough that i want to prioritize sleep instead of spending some minutes on this task, especially with tomorrow being the first day back at work after having a cold. (being sick is really the worst.)
  • i’m grateful i did create that new beeminder goal on a whim today. it should have been long overdue, and on-a-whim-creation was probably the only way it was gonna happen soon, realistically, and while a part of me is regretting it already (especially the high pledge cap; yikes!), i am also grateful that it’s now created, and that i can’t use my last (for now) goal slot for anything else more-akratic, less-“important” than this …
4 Likes
  1. When I was asked at work how a project was going, I was able to give a satisfactory answer.
  2. I saw a butcherbird bathing in the bird bath that I fill every day. It’s nice to see it being appreciated.
  3. I was forced to buy a chocolate bar last night because some friends had been talking about it and I’d never had one and I was curious. :slight_smile:
4 Likes
  1. Scan today was reassuring.
  2. Some inspiration has struck for how to tackle my assignment, due in less than two weeks.
  3. Lisa keeps buying me daffodils.
4 Likes
  • i’m grateful for the soup i had for lunch. it was hot, but i managed to not burn my mouth, and it was delicious.
  • i’m grateful i’ll be in the office alone tomorrow. turns out i have covid. but since there’s noone else in the office tomorrow (which is just a flat; both my offices are just flats, basically), i don’t have to constantly wear a mask, which is super great!
  • self-gratitude-quota: i’m grateful i’ll be in bed early again. i guess if there’s one good thing to come out of covid it’s that it exhausts me so much that i am regularly getting enough sleep now? had 7-8 hours last night, and will probably top that with at least 8+ tonight, provided i don’t wake up before the alarm.
  • bonus gratitude (yay for this*; it’s been a while!): i’m grateful i fell into a 45-minute-productivity-hole for my uni goal today. turns out, the research is more tedious than i’d anticipated; or maybe that’s just because i’m still feeling somewhat sick. in any case, i well exceeded my 10-minute daily-uni-goal today. super proud of myself! uni work after a day of office work, all while still feeling sick! go me! (to bed, that is … :P)
    *i originally meant “yay for having more than three gratitudes,” but it can just as well be read as “yay for having this type of gratitude (uni-related)”!
2 Likes
  1. A nice lunch at a cafe.
  2. A long chat with a workmate.
  3. A relaxing evening watching TV with Jeremy.
3 Likes
  1. Got a solid bit of work done on my assignment yesterday and today.
  2. I feel like reading again.
  3. A bunch of my Beeminder goals have archived. I still have 35 in total, but it’s a bit less overwhelming to look at.
4 Likes
  1. I’ve received a voice recorder and it turns out that it’s very fun to record people. I’m grateful to have discovered this new wholesome way to have fun :blush:
  2. One client gave me a boring project. I did it begrudgingly. But now, they are asking me to work on an amazing project! So I’m grateful for that. :satellite:
  3. That one functionality of Basecamp that allows to redirect emails and have emails in ap0. So e.g. I can forward an email from a lawyer, discuss it with my coworker in app, and then send an answer from Basecamp… And then, the response is received on Basecamp! This is really amazing to keep everyone in the loop, centralize communications etc. I’m grateful for Basecamp to exist and teach me more meaningful ways of working. :tent:
4 Likes
  • i’m grateful i didn’t watch yet another episode. may competition reality shows not become my downfall. :crossed_fingers:
  • i’m grateful i’ll be in the office alone again tomorrow. mask just for the communte! (which is a short walk :sunglasses:)
  • self-gratitude-quota: i’m grateful i ended up doing some work on my ndu goal to keep me from derailing. i should have done it earlier in the day, but i guess better late than never? had over 8 hours of sleep last night, i’ll be fine with [mumbles] tonight, right? right …
4 Likes
  1. I couldn’t sleep from about 3am onwards but I’m grateful to myself for getting up and going for a walk then doing the washing up instead of staying in bed doing nothing.
  2. I’m on call at work this week and was alerted in the early hours of the morning but I was already awake and it was an easy problem.
  3. It’s not too hot or humid today.
4 Likes
  1. Managed to get into town today - first time we’ve been into the centre since we moved here. It’s lovely! All we could possibly have hoped for, and more!
  2. Found the physical home of a pen shop that I’ve long used online - they are in the town :slight_smile:
  3. It’s so quiet here in the evenings. I love quiet.
4 Likes
  1. Saw a Focusmate partner I haven’t actually worked with in ages.
  2. I had two fillings yesterday at the dentist and didn’t panic at all.
  3. I’ve started reading Jordan L. Hawk’s new book.
4 Likes
  • i’m grateful that i felt a little better today. well enough to go buy bubble tea and take the smallest detour on my way home, taking my favourite path.
  • i’m grateful that two work things got finally finished today. they’re done, they’re sent off, they’re complete, finally finally. huge relief. maybe i can actually take some time off now.
  • self-gratitude-quota: i’m grateful i’m starting to go to bed now. it’s not early, but it could be worse. i take my little victories where i can get them.
2 Likes
  1. Late yesterday afternoon at work, after a very long day, someone asked me if I could do an extra task. I’m grateful to myself for saying no.
  2. There is a good fruit and vegetable shop next to my physio.
  3. Jeremy bought some of my favourite lollies.
3 Likes
  1. Listened to a really soothing podcast while doing a somewhat stressful thing - reminded me to just take a breath (or three) sometimes
  2. Some of the snags in the house aren’t turning out to be too bad to fix
  3. Starting to see an end to the sea of post-move boxxen
3 Likes
  1. Finished work before my headache really set in.
  2. Plans with friends over the weekend.
  3. Weekend!
4 Likes

– today I’m mostly grateful of planes, kind people and taking the courage to leave home

1. I met someone on the plane, and he offered me to bring me to my place! Very kind
  2. I read a philosophical book in the plane and it made me think a lot. (Siddhartha, Herman Hesse)
  3. I’m in a new place! There’s a lot to explore! Wow!
3 Likes
  • i’m grateful i got sent home from work today. this is the tuesday-friday job, so i haven’t been there since tuesday. i found out only after i was there on tuesday that i have covid, so it was the first time being back since we know. i would have worn a mask all day, but the boss sent me home to rest, anyway. i’m already feeling better than the past few days, but i’ll take an additional day of lying on the couch if i can get it!
  • i’m grateful i’m feeling better every day. little by little, but i think we’re slowly getting back to some sort of normalcy.
  • self-gratitude-quota: i’m grateful i’ve been keeping up so well with my morning japanese duolingos. i have never and will never be a morning person, but having something “productive” to do during my still-lying-in-bed-before-eventually-getting-up-times each morning, as opposed to any other leisurely phone activitiy, has been good for myself, and i’m proud that i’ve managed to be so consistent with it for the past few weeks.
3 Likes
  1. I am grateful to myself for getting rid of a belonging that was still useful but that now has bad associations for me.
  2. I dropped a ceramic bowl and it didn’t break at all. Hilariously though, the linoleum that it landed on did break. (It’s old, we’ll be replacing it anyway, so this was good for a laugh.)
  3. This gloriously cranky wombat.
3 Likes