Gratitude journaling together

1. The cheese sauce that Jeremy makes to go on vegetables. Om nom nom. Vegetable icing!
  2. I finished a large piece of work for my real-life job last night instead of letting the final steps wait until today.
  3. My gym buddy and I have arranged for us to go back to the gym one day a week.
1 Like
  1. I feel some slight inspiration to work on my inbox today… I felt weird, not inbox-zero-ing all the time anymore…
  2. …but it has been a relief to let it slide for a while.
  3. Dad’s brought over some Welsh poppies to plant in the garden.
  1. There are now several fiction writers that I refer to as “one of my favourite authors”. I like that I’m reading more.
  2. I love how cut spring onions will resprout if you put them in water. They’re so determined to grow!
  3. This video of the surface of the Moon
2 Likes
  1. I got my early birthday presents from my wife – two Jellycat plushies. Jellycats are always so nice and soft!
  2. I got a cute diplodocus necklace from my mum!
  3. She also got me a new postcard set of NASA photos so I’ve sent nine postcards today on Postcrossing!

Inquiring minds want to know. :smiley:

1 Like
  1. My new favourite authors: Gabby Hutchinson Crouch, KJ Charles, S. A. Chakraborty, Tansy Rayner Roberts, Ted Chiang.
  2. My old favourite authors would take more thought than I can currently muster, especially since some have become problematic in some ways, but Jasper Fforde stands out. “The Constant Rabbit” - OMG. That’s not a book you forget.
  3. This short clip was shared in work chat yesterday and we lolled at it.
1 Like

I approve!

1. I am getting a replacement phone today, woo! (And it just arrived.)
  2. I’m going to get plenty of exercise today without it feeling pointless, since I’ve already walked down to the clinic and I’ll need to go again later.
  3. I don’t know whether my new cowash and conditioner will help my hair curl… but they smell really nice!
1 Like

@alys have you read Shades of Grey by Fforde? It’s one of my favorites…

1. I’ve just discovered this thread. I love the idea and I’m grateful for it. I’m already trying to be grateful every morning, so why not share it?
  2. Since someone commented Ted Chiang here… I’ll always be grateful for ‘Exhalation’ and ‘Stories of Your Life and Others’. How beautiful and thought-provoking they are.
  3. I’m grateful for my partner, who is always there regardless of what happens.

Thank you for starting the thread @shanaqui! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh yes! It’s one of my favourites too. Fforde has such fascinating ideas!

1. Capybaras are Guinea Bigs or Maximum Hamsters (citation 1, 2).
  2. It’s raining again (yay!) and the poor little butcherbirds turned up for their bits of cheese all soaking wet and looking adorably funny (they’re fine, it always happens in the rain).
  3. This joke that I love and am sharing everywhere:
    “A priest, an imam, and a rabbit walk into a blood drive. The rabbit says, I think I might be a type O.”
2 Likes
  1. NHS 111 exists and gives care in the evenings and over the weekend. :blue_heart:
  2. Friends who reassure me I am being reasonable.
  3. Overcooked 2 season pass.
  1. Markdown. It’s such a simple but effective formatting syntax.
  2. Sitting on the couch in my fluffy dressing gown and socks while it’s cold and rainy outside.
  3. My garden is full of Australian natives so when there’s been rains for a couple of days it smells like a rainforest.
  1. Feeling productive and able to get things done.
  2. Another couple of gifts from my mum!
  3. More antibiotics.
  1. StackOverflow for whenever I have a code question.
  2. Capsicum cooked lightly with melted cheese.
  3. The garden is good and wet after three days of rain.
2 Likes
  1. I’m grateful for Headspace
  2. I’m grateful for the excitement of creating something new.
  3. I’m grateful for my cheerful Italian friend and her encouraging smile.
2 Likes
  1. Dad did our shopping again.
  2. Needing to put a mat down on my office floor made me get on with cleaning.
  3. My childhood bestie, who is bringing me supplies for the rabbits while we’re self-isolating.
2 Likes
  1. Jeremy and I went out for a walk to collect rocks for a bonsai mountain that he’s making.
  2. I love the way he’s arranged them.
  3. There’s a fresh breeze blowing today.
2 Likes
  1. Beeminder and everyone helping others beat Akrasia in these self-isolated times (as I explained here)
  2. Libraries.
  3. 80’s-style remixes of modern songs (like this one!)
2 Likes
  1. My parents are buying me an inflatable bed because the mats I’m using are giving me serious backache.
  2. My parents also brought me fresh bedding and towels so I don’t have to constantly do laundry.
  3. Friends have been checking in on me.
2 Likes
  1. The local bowls club leaves their grass clippings in the park between them and my place so I’ve started adding them to the compost bin that I use for the cat’s litter to balance it out a bit.
  2. I have TARDIS earrings that are pretty and light-weight (super important for day-long comfort).
  3. My microwave lets you enter times like 777 and understands that as being 8:11, which is pretty much a perfect time for my soft-boiled eggs, so setting that up each morning is three quick finger presses with no tedious movements in between. :laughing:
1 Like
  1. Inflatable bed was nice.
  2. Remembering I had sleeping tablets was even nicer.
  3. We did our COVID tests yesterday, so we may even know by today whether either of us is positive.
1 Like