Gratitude journaling together

1. K.J. Charles’ Proper English is fun.
  2. My wife remembered my whim to nom teacakes and bought some.
  3. Tacos for dinner.
  1. Woke up easily
  2. 7 days without a coffee
  3. Nothing on agenda
2 Likes
  1. I love how in a river`there’ll be a stretch of calm, flat, slowly moving water, then chaotic rapids, then smoothness again. Walking along a river is never dull.
  2. It’s a sunny day today without being too hot. Both the garden’s bearded dragons are out sunning themselves.
  3. The local lawn bowls club leaves their grass clippings in the park so it’s a source of rapid-heat additions for my compost and (as I discovered today) an insect farm for the scrub turkeys.
1 Like
  1. Queensland (Australia) state elections today. Easy, fun to vote. Our electoral system is great. Details: https://twitter.com/lady_alys/status/1322357793601454083
  2. Covid-19 is well enough under control here that in-person voting is safe. I am grateful every day for how lucky we are. I wish it were the same for all my friends.
  3. There’s a brisk breeze today.
  1. I’m enjoying the breakdown in the Secret Barrister’s Fake Law on why a lot of the Tory talking points about human rights are rubbish. I knew they were, but being able to discuss why is another thing.
  2. Wales v Scotland today! I have no faith that we’re going to win, but Alun Wyn Jones will beat the record for number of caps today, and I’m really glad to see Liam Williams play again.
  3. Getting a video of Hulk eating a large nasturtium leaf in one go without dropping it. She is truly a mighty rabbit.
1 Like
  1. Yesterday’s State election here went as well as can be expected these days. The major semi-left-wing party retained power.
  2. The Greens party (a smaller, left-wing, environmental, human rights party) won more seats than they had previously! :smiley:
  3. The major right-wing party lost seats. The minor right-wing, extra-racist party lost all but one of their previous seats and gained none. :laughing:
1 Like
  1. I wrote some punny item descriptions for Habitica and I’m probably too pleased about it.
  2. I’m doing well with today’s to-do list.
  3. Rainy windy weather makes me feel at home.
1 Like
  1. A friend gave scented soap and moisturisers as a thank-you for letting her stay here for several days.
  2. I beat Megaera, the first boss in Hades for the first time yesterday! (And then I died soon after by accidentally standing in a river of fire without realising what was happening until it was Too Late. :laughing::smiley:)
  3. Lentils reheated in the microwave with egg mixed in. It’s not the tastiest meal ever but certainly nice enough to eat, nutritious, and convenient as heck.
  1. Ginger nut biscuits.
  2. Spaghetti carbonara for dinner
  3. Walking by the ocean at night with a near-full moon reflected on the water.
  1. Volunteering!
  2. Generous people on Habitica helping me put on a heck of an event there.
  3. Bread with dinner. I love bread.
  1. Energy is back to good
  2. Have an opportunity that I can reject
  3. Yoga made my body sing
1 Like
  1. Speeding through a fun book.
  2. My wife helping me learn the 20 amino acids and their charges off by heart.
  3. One of our rabbits, Eclair, has the fluffiest feet ever.
1 Like
  1. I have a physical thing to block my laptop’s webcam! It sticks over the webcam and it has a sliding window to reveal the camera for the once-in-a-million-years event when I actually want the damn thing to be on. It’s a huge relief to not have to keep checking that it’s off when I’m in online meetings.
1 Like
  1. Some of the small plants in my garden have yellow flowers on them. They’re at the base of the plant so I haven’t noticed them before.
  2. Princess, the female scrub turkey, has been standing on the turkey mound and Caesar, the male, has been there not chasing her away as he usually does, so I think she’s about to lay eggs!
  3. I got to bed early last night.
1 Like
  1. I got almost all my amino acids correct first time last night!
  2. Cheese and crackers, nom nom.
  3. My dad planted our spring bulbs for us. Here’s hoping our daffs come up this year!
1 Like
  1. The smell of freshly cut grass.
  2. The sound of lizards scuttling across my roof.
  3. I heard currawongs yesterday evening; they are my favourite birds. It’s been a while since I heard them here.
1 Like
  1. Morning coffee boost.
  2. Breakthrough in project EAST yesterday
  3. Wife and kids
  1. I’ve done quite a bit of reading today.
  2. I did enough work this week I could do less today.
  3. Accidental PJ day.
  1. Platypuses! They’re biofluorescent! Also venomous of course.
  2. I love that Count von Count is all through my twitter feed. Example.
  3. Hope.
  1. Lots of reading today.
  2. All the celebrations in my Twitter feed.
  3. Actually managed to make myself sit down and study today. (Thanks, Beeminder!)