Gratitude journaling together

1. New episodes of Lucifer have been released.
  2. I read Axiom’s End by Lindsay Ellis this weekend and loved it.
  3. I had a muesli, yoghurt, and fruit mixture from a cafe that was very tasty.
1 Like

Ooh, that’s been on my shelves for a while, and I haven’t read it yet…

1. CBT is… helping with the negative thoughts I’m having about my exam, though there are a lot of them.
  2. We’ve now unlocked the best dungeon in the whole of FFXIV.
  3. Taking silly screenshots with Lisa when we died side-by-side trying to help some newbies clear a particular duty. It’s nice that we’re having fun like that even when we do silly things and mess up. (We’re both healers here – Scholar and White Mage. With us both down, the whole party died. We wised up and stopped standing too close to each other so we couldn’t be one-shotted by the same attack, on the next run.)

1. Breakfast was home-made rye bread eaten while still warm with lots of butter.
  2. There’s a musical episode of Lucifer! It is glorious.
  3. I had a free bus trip home because the bus’s card reader was broken.
1 Like
  1. The time period we have between downloading our exams and having to turn in the finished work is quite generous so I can take a break playing a game and reading after stressing over part 1.
  2. Friends cheering me on.
  3. I can see a little sliver of bright blue sky out of my office window.
  1. A dental checkup showed no problems.
  2. My favourite bus arrived just outside the dental surgery a couple of minutes after I got out.
  3. I get to go home early today.
1 Like
  1. Exam is turned in, and I have the rest of today and tomorrow offfff.
  2. Slowly tidying up after the chaos of studying. Notes everywhere. Tempted to hand them to my neighbour to burn in his little incinerator! Will actually dump them in the recycling, of course.
  3. Peanut butter. I should never forget that I love peanut butter.
1 Like
  1. Day off.
  2. Lisa’s going to make lemon meringue pie on the weekend.
  3. Eye test and maybe new glasses tomorrow?
  1. Only £10 extra for the OCT scan that can check for any signs of the same eye disease my mum has, and catch it nice and early if I end up susceptible too. (All good so far!)
  2. Reading a fascinating book about the Epidemic Intelligence Service. (Beating Back the Devil, by Maryn McKenna.)
  3. New books, because my glasses were £100 cheaper than I’d budgeted for.
1 Like
  1. Jeremy made little chocolate cakes with peppermint icing. He’s getting lots of practice in before my birthday next month. :slight_smile:
  2. Interesting jobs at work today.
  3. Peanut paste on celery.
  1. Nice easy inbox this morning.
  2. We’re doing laundry so there will be fresh sheets tonight.
  3. Catching up after my exam-day/days off was easy-peasy.
  1. Wheatbix with strawberries for breakfast.
  2. Jeremy made cinnamon rolls with chocolate icing.
  3. I am managing to be good and eating my ONE cinnamon roll very slowly.
  1. Lisa made banana bread.
  2. We also have the ingredients for cheesecake.
  3. AND lemon meringue pie.
  1. Our cat Anya was especially cuddly in bed this morning and slept with her head on my arm.
  2. Last night’s dinner had vegetables stir-fried with tahini and they were delicious.
  3. Warm fluffy socks.
1 Like
  1. Actually feeling pretty femme lately, and a pair of leggings arrived so I can indulge myself.
  2. Swanning around in pretty dresses on Final Fantasy XIV as well. :joy:
  3. Peanut butter ice cream from Ruby Violet. An ice cream subscription feels terribly decadent and I should probably cancel soon, but aaah I do love the ice cream.
1 Like
  1. Fresh bread for breakfast.
  2. Bananas.
  3. The boiling water tap at work has been broken for many days and was fixed today. Hot tea is possible again!
1 Like
  1. We had leftover lemon meringue pie.
  2. The Wales squad for the summer has been announced, and it sounds like a fun team.
  3. Chatting with my family yesterday.
  1. I have a new FC on FFXIV who are hopefully not going to be queerphobic, and right now we’re doing a lot of goofing around on Discord.
  2. Even though it’s quite warm, my favourite pair of jammies are still the perfect temperature to lounge around in, same as during the winter. It’s magic!
  3. Between us, me and Lisa have figured out how we could run ethernet cables to our desktops.
  1. My dad comes to mow our lawn for us.
  2. My dad’s little rewilding project is going nicely and one of our neighbours gave us a couple of new plants for it.
  3. The three I think are best have gone through to the final in Great British Sewing Bee, so that’s something to look forward to.
1 Like
  1. This immensely touching and satisfying essay about The Problem(s) of Susan.
  2. My current batch of porridge is especially smooth.
  3. It’s hot water bottle weather.
  1. Lisa’s ADHD assessment is done. Outcome unknown so far! Just glad we’ve got it done.
  2. I’ve now seen a photo of “my” stamp from Guernsey Post. (It has my name and a fake address invented by me, which has personal meaning, on the postcard shown in the stamp. It’s a really cute design and I’m really excited/honoured/touched by the Easter egg.)
  3. I finally managed to get the physical copy of the third book in a series I’m reading.
1 Like