Gratitude journaling together

1. Pleasant memories of the garden maze and grotto at Leeds Castle. I liked it so much I went through it twice.
  2. Fresh fruit and yoghurt for breakfast.
  3. Seeing the sunset as I walked home.
  1. I’m getting vaccinated today!
  2. Which means I’ll be working a bit less today, and that’s also a plus despite the loss of income.
  3. I’ve had some really great postcards from people on Postcrossing lately. Like a really cute hedgehog!
1 Like
  1. Fresh figs.
  2. Persimmons.
  3. Grapes.

(Lunch was great today.)

1. A sore arm seems to be the worst of my vaccine side effects.
  2. Eating bananas and watching Hulk (our eldest rabbit) beg for a bit. It’s not good for her to have too much sugar, but I did give her a tiny bit.
  3. We got a bit of extra sleep last night just in case we’d feel rough today after our vaccines, and it was very pleasant.
1 Like
  1. Bash scripting. It’s fun and quick.
  2. Jeremy made a chocolate cake with peppermint icing as practice for my birthday cake. My mother used to make that for me when I was a child.
  3. Zucchini slice for dinner. I don’t like zucchini much but this is nice! You can’t taste the zucchini. :slight_smile:
2 Likes
  1. Hulk seems to think I’m going for a banana every time I walk past to the kitchen now, which is quite funny and cute.
  2. You know, I do rather like bananas. I always forget that when I’m not eating them, somehow.
  3. Weekend!
  1. I had TWO cups of tea before opening my laptop this morning, because the first one was so nice. (Yeah, take THAT, online commitments!)
  2. Soy beans and eggs for breakfast.
  3. Getting the kitchen clean after a mammoth load of washing up.
1 Like
  1. Weekend! Well, day off (I only take one).
  2. In a reading mood.
  3. After a week working at it, I got a special mount from fishing on Final Fantasy XIV. :joy:
  1. I have a new pentagonal Rubik-style puzzle.
  2. Three nights in a row of good sleep.
  3. Weeding. It’s fun to extract all the roots.
  1. Lisa learning medical statistics alongside me so I have a companion in “…wait, what the heck is going on here?!”
  2. Listening to music while I work. Normally I can’t because I work in the same room as Lisa, but on Sundays I can indulge.
  3. Thea Gilmore’s music. She just found out to her surprise that her cover of “Bad Moon Rising” is featured in Zack Snyder’s new movie. Not bad! Shame that song isn’t on Spotify etc so people can’t look her up easily and discover her music from it. (I’ve been a fan since her Burning Dorothy album, but would recommend starting with The Counterweight, which is – to my mind – a perfect album.) It’s on YouTube though.
  1. Inbox count is going down easily this morning.
  2. Chocolate.
  3. Managed to fit in a surprising amount of reading yesterday.
  1. Home-made gnocchi for dinner.
  2. A new fridge is being delivered tomorrow, a week ahead of when I thought it would arrive. (The old one broke and we have a rented one at the moment.)
  1. My new plan with reading goals seems to be working out well, meaning I’ve picked up a book I’ve been meaning to read for ages.
  2. I’m a little ahead on my studying plan.
  3. I actually managed to fall back asleep in such a way that I finished the dream I’d been having, this morning. I can’t remember a thing about it now, but I know I was briefly very irritated that I wouldn’t ‘see the end’.
  1. Power outages in my state haven’t affected me or my workplace.
  2. My new fridge is nice.
  3. The Obsidian note taker. I’ve started using it to experiment with linked notes and it’s got some nice features.
1 Like
  1. A little extra sleep this morning.
  2. Getting near the end of my course of therapy.
  3. When bunnies are reaaaally happy, their butts twitch. Hulk was doing that after we gave her a treat last night.
  1. I was able to leave work early today.
  2. Jeremy is making an omlette for dinner.
  3. There’s a total lunar eclipse here tonight, early enough for me to stay up to see it, and the sky is clear.
1 Like
  1. I had my first Covid-19 vaccination today!
  2. The TaskRatchet website has a pretty new update!
  3. I bought some chocolates and dried fruit to use as occasional snacks.
2 Likes
  1. My EMDR therapy is over; my triggers are substantially reduced and I haven’t had flashbacks in weeks.
  2. I’m feeling pretty confident about my exam. I’ve put the work in, I’ve had good results before now, and now that I’m going over everything a second time, things keep falling into place and making sense.
  3. I think my new way of reading goals/buying new books and never reading them is working out for me, which is nice. Thanks, Beeminder.
1 Like
  1. I’m trying out an app for tracking my mood and applying CBT concepts, CBT Thought Diary. I’m not sure how flexible it is at suggesting which journalling type activity I should do based on my mood, but it’s an interesting experiment and at least they have a (short) free trial of the premium features.
  2. A full portion of raisins (30g) added to my muesli fulfills my goal of eating more proper portions of fruit and makes the muesli tastier. It already has sultanas in it, but not nearly enough, so the raisins fix that problem, too.
  3. My dad spoils our bunnies. Yesterday when he came to mow our lawn, he dropped off a set of their favourite chew toys (little balls made of water hyacinth and dried grasses) and the greens from the carrots he got when shopping. He didn’t always buy carrots with greens – only now that he’s learned that Hulk loves them, and since we stopped him bringing her banana all the time. (Waaaaay too much sugar.)
1 Like
  1. Nice long sleep.
  2. Today is a day off studying as well as off work.
  3. I did some of my Saturday stuff ahead of time which means today is even more just… whatever I want.