Gratitude journaling together

Oof, I have been sucking at this…

1. My stamps arrived so I can carry on writing to Mum! (They are special edition ones with Marvel characters on them!)
  2. I did a whole week of one of my classes today so my goal is now back to having plenty of buffer.
  3. I actually overhauled my CV (to apply for a volunteering role) and I am very much more impressive than I used to be!
2 Likes
  1. I pinky-swear this is a low-load day.
  2. One of my postcrossing matches today is into books so I got to use one of my “Snooty Bookshop” set.
  3. Pepsi!

I’m struggling a bit this morning, not because I feel bad, but just a bit flat and meh?

1 Like
  1. I wrote an email to a tax agent that I’ve been procrastinating about since forever.
  2. The stars. I see them every night when I go for a walk and they are always pretty. We don’t see many here but it’s dark enough to make out the major constellations.
  3. Trees silhouetted against a bright blue sky.
2 Likes

Calmness of the day, being able to work with no distractions rumbling my mind

4 Likes
  1. I didn’t feel like going for my walk (because it tends to throw my timing off for work) but I worked out first thing instead, so now I don’t have to do it later!
  2. The new gadget I want came into stock and lo, I have placed my order.
  3. Our kitchen is looking a lot tidier than it was. Joint effort yay!
  1. I should get books today!
  2. Our neighbour who mowed down my flowers deliberately mowed only other neighbour’s lawn and left a LINE between ours and his. Which is fine with us as the wildflowers are thus safe as well!
  3. I’m mostly used to brown hair now and have stopped startling at myself in mirrors and reflective surfaces.
1 Like

All is well as long as they mind the gap :wink:

1. Cups of tea. I think I like the ritual almost as much as the tea. It’s a comforting break in the day.
  2. Using tea as a timer. I brew my tea for 5 minutes so if I start a brew and have a shower, it ensures I’m out of the shower in 5 minutes!
  3. I have a job. At the moment the job is horrendously busy but I remind myself I’m lucky to have it.
3 Likes

How do you know if the tea is done if you’re in the shower? Your teakettle must be very loud!

1 Like

Timer on my phone, which of course I take into the bathroom because my phone must always be with me. :slight_smile:

4 Likes
  1. The Beeminder browser extension.
  2. Having a lie in. I woke promptly after 7h15m, as usual, but then I just rolled around a bit and stretched and was comfy and cosy.
  3. A friend bought me a book just 'cause and I bought myself some new books and it’s a nice little stack.
2 Likes
  1. Lately some cool and exiting people have entered my life
  2. Nürnberg, the city I live in, got some really beautiful places to ride your bike in and the weather is just 10/10 right now for doing that and with some good music in your ears and the sun just beginning to settle and covering everything in its nice golden glow… :heart:
  3. Ecosia works really well as an alternative to Google for me and as a bonus you plant trees when using it!
2 Likes
  1. There are audio books of the Narnia Chronicles, each narrated by a different actor such as Kenneth Branagh, Derek Jacobi, and Michael York. Branagh does The Magician’s Nephew, which I’ve started and it is lovely.
  2. My cat is sitting on my lap, pouring.
  3. Watermelon.
3 Likes
  1. New books! Yeah that’s gonna be a theme for a couple of days. I have been an acquisitive bookdragon.
  2. Getting stuff done! I’m progressing through my daily checklist quite well today.
  3. My library has been very good about adding more ebooks in response to the lockdown and I’ve picked up a whole bunch of fascinating titles.
1 Like
  1. More new books!
  2. Genuinely managed to have a light work day, such that I’ve read a whole book and it’s not even 7pm.
  3. Learned fascinating new facts about TB from said book (The Atlas of Disease by Sandra Hempel).
1 Like
  1. I think a parcel I’m really looking forward to will arrive on Wednesday??
  2. My wife has bought me a fascinating new book (Gina Perry’s The Lost Boys – I really enjoyed her book on Stanley Milgram’s experiments, and here she looks at the experiments of Muzafer Sherif).
  3. Had a very nice snuggle with Biscuit Bun.
1 Like
  1. Being able to just put good songs on repeat. Or even just mediocre songs that are stuck in my head. I love that I can just keep revisiting a song as many times as I like, is what I’m saying. I’d hate to get a tune under my skin and not be able to listen to it.
  2. Murderbot! And even though my copy is delayed, I had an eARC.
  3. Watching my bunnies eat dandelions never gets old. Each has their own strategy for eating them. Hulk eats them flower first. Biscuit eats them stalk first. Eclair nibbles a notch in the middle and folds them in half at that point to eat them.
1 Like

This sounds great! So much positivity in a single thread! I’ll give it a try:

1. My old friend received a letter I sent him in only 8 business days! It’s great that even during lockdown a letter can make its way across the ocean so quickly and cheaply.
  2. On a related note, my search for new penpals has been successful, looking forward to having more people I can write to!
  3. My practice touch typing has really paid off, I rarely have to resort to hunt and pecking nowadays.
1 Like

Wow, that’s fast! I’ve been loving writing to my mother every day of the lockdown, but there have been quite a few delays… we keep getting each others’ letters in little batches. :slight_smile: Sending postcards for Postcrossing has been great too [disclaimer: I work for them too] – I’m amassing a nice little collection of postcards from around the world, and you never quite know what you’ll get so I have had some lovely ones, and some lovely conversations.

2 Likes

I know, 8 days is almost the amount of time it takes me to reply to email! This was to America but I’ve also seen bad delays… My letters to Colombia have been stuck in limbo for a couple months now… We’ll see!

Funny you mention Postcrossing, I came across it a couple days ago and bookmarked it for when I can get my hands on some new postcards since I’m currently running low. Thank you for your service! :grin:

1 Like