- My travel test result came back and I’m reassuringly COVID negative, as expected.
- Sleeper trains are neat and gave me an extra evening in Scotland!
- Returning to a favourite fandom and finding it filled with tons of new fanfics! I’m not quite sure the cause of this revival for a show that hasn’t aired in 10 years but it sure brought me a lot of joy today.
- Dates and cheese. Sultanas and butter. Both pairings go so well together.
- My kitchen window looks out into my garden and the park behind my house. From the right angle I can see nothing but trees.
- I was able to take most of the day off work to rest because I have a sore neck that is better when I’m lying down.
- My dad’s not the world’s most emotionally intelligent person, but today he texted me to check if I was okay after I rang him upset about something last night.
- I went for a walk quite early this morning (8:45am – early for me, anyway!) and it was still cool out, so it was very nice.
- It’d a bright sunny day without being too warm.
- Thanks for past donors & voters, I got to experience the beauty of
walking through a sunlit redwood forest
- I had my fastest time in 3 years riding up a local hill. My efforts at
getting my fitness back are paying off
- My daughter has the opportunity to take keyboard at school
- Walking in Redwood forests is one of my most pleasant memories from my trips to the USA.
- Jeremy made pizza for lunch.
- I just caught and released an insect with… pretty much no terror at all. Definitely “ugh, ugh, please don’t be a stinging sort of fella”, and definitely “nope, my lad, not in here”, but not “oh my god I am going to die just knowing it is briefly in the building with me”. So, yay for my recently-found ability to cope.
- Started reading a book I’ve meant to read for a while, and immediately got sucked in.
- Watching Lisa’s reactions as they read the Kate Daniels books.
My apologies, was away for a while.
- Award for August New User of the Month! And this particular thread was the reason to regularly visit this forum (Sort of a gratitude inception )
- Home cooked meals back to back. Eating healthy more often
- Libraries are opening now! Saw one today for a short while.
- the Kale I got from the farmer’s market is particularly good
- My friend took me to Costco & I have a few treats that weren’t as
expensive as they’d otherwise be
- I got to see a big redwood tree that was saved from logging
- Clover flowers. I love their scent.
- The fridge is full of food from a supermarket delivery.
- There are new episodes of Lucifer.
- The weather is cooling down again.
- Being able to laugh off unfounded criticism.
- Pleasantly tired after a nice walk.
- My daughter got to school safely
- My fridge has a lot of nutritious options
- My friend is up for co-working
- Waking up early and having a healthy breakfast.
- Ambient library atmosphere which makes me want to read and study more
- Found a beverage nearby which was out of stock since a long time
- A board games day with a friend.
- Convenient buses arrived quickly for both legs of the trip home.
- TaskRatchet again for still making me do things.
- Using Focusmate to get all my chores done really quickly.
- Discovered there is new DLC for Two Point Hospital that I didn’t have, and grabbed that this morning!
- Really enjoyed Winter’s Orbit, which I “had to” read for my “rngthetbr” goal. Also persuaded my wife to read it, so now I’m enjoying watching her reactions.
- Rhubarb-scented cleaning spray makes cleaning and dusting an absolute joy.
- On a '70s music binge and loving all the old clips from the Ed Sullivan Show uploaded on YouTube.
- When saying goodbye to a friend moving abroad is really hard, it means they’ve been an amazing friend. I don’t think we could have made it through this year without each other.
- My health and morning prayers
- The morning cold coffee
- My cab arrived on time and I have reached the library
- This morning my favourite scrub turkey, Princess, was sitting in the back garden looking comfortable and safe.
- A few hours later when I say at my desk, she had moved to the front garden where I could see her through the window.
- This tweet from KJ Charles: “There is no medium to convey instructions more exasperating than a video tutorial. Give it to me in cuneiform on wet clay, tattoo it on the underside of a live wild boar, encode it into a copy of a Dan Brown novel if you must, but for fuck’s sake don’t make me watch a video.”
- Being able to use mini-games on FFXIV as little breaks from work on a Sunday.
- Rereading favourite books.
- Meeting new folks and taking silly screenshots together on FFXIV. We climbed to the top of a huge building together to do this.
- My friend, for leading a yoga class
- I acquired a portable speaker
- The wait for my X-ray was incredibly short
- There’s a breeze this morning that’s carrying the scent of clover flowers to my new desk.
- I have two shirts made of bamboo that are soft and comfortable.
- This adorable anecdote about Roger Moore.