Gratitude journaling together

1. Going for a walk first thing does nicely kickstart my day.
  2. It means that I regularly go past a house that has the most lovely roses. They smell gorgeous too.
  3. If I can get past my squeamishness about the lancet, I have a test kit to take a blood sample as part of a useful study.
1 Like
  1. Coffee to kick start my day
  2. Early morning breeze which makes me calm
  3. Sandwich with sweet lime juice and I headed to library just after that
1 Like
  1. It’s cold and rainy and that is weather I like.
  2. Didn’t obsessively insist on a morning walk when I feel really fatigued. Look, ma, my brain is growing up!
  3. Rereading books is like a comfort blanket.
1 Like

I keep on coming back to this. So funny! :smiley:

2 Likes
  1. Lunch at my favourite cafe.
  2. A code change that I made was appreciated by the person who asked for it.
  3. A clear view of the stars while walking home.
1 Like
  1. White peach ginger bubly
  2. Working outside in a garden
  3. My friend shared her tasty salads
2 Likes
  1. I’m dog-sitting for two lovely dogs in a house with a huge back yard.
  2. There’s few lights nearby so the stars are brighter than usual.
  3. My manager told me that I have too much rec leave built up so I HAVE to take a holiday. :slight_smile:
1 Like
  1. The guy from the council was fine and decided that yes, downstairs’ dog does constitute a statutory nuisance for us. He’s informing the owner of that, and then observing twice more to see if she’s taken any action.
  2. It turned out to be a nice sunny but cool day, after seeming very rainy and dreary earlier. I like rainy days, but having a nice bright day in between is nice too.
  3. Two Point Hospital remains a very silly but deeply absorbing game in the same vein as Theme Hospital (to which it is a spiritual successor).
1 Like
  1. My friend gave me her left-over baclava & made me an espresso to have with it.
  2. I walked with a friend
  3. I found a sturdy pail and I already have a use for it
2 Likes
  1. The people behind Study Bunny have a new app: Habit Rabbit!
  2. A productive day at work.
  3. Relaxing with a glass of wine.
1 Like
  1. My dad got me a wooden giraffe… years ago now, because when we were out together shopping we passed it in a window and I said “ooh, a giraffe!”. There are family jokes about the fact that as a kid, I wanted to have a giraffe in our back garden, and all the answers about how to feed and transport it. (Horsebox with a big hole in the roof.) Anyway, just looking at this wooden giraffe that is almost as tall as me makes me smile. I think I’ll have him ‘video bomb’ me later while I’m on Focusmate… just stand him silently in the background.
  2. I get a lot of compliments about my glasses on Focusmate!
  3. People are super nice about me being smart when I try to downplay my achievements.
1 Like
  1. @alys’ support, always!
  2. Watching Michael Sheen’s epic video for Aberavon’s rugby club. It’s over the top to a level I only feel for the national team, but it does me good to hear such a Welsh voice, particularly when I’m feeling more and more hiraeth by the day. (At least two years since I last went home.)
  3. We’ve moved some stuff around and I’m now working in a chair that faces the bunnies’ hutch, so I can watch them being lazy little sods while I work. They’re adorable, but sleeping appears to be their full time occupation.
1 Like
  1. Being home after two (pleasant) days away.
  2. I’ve realised that I can walk to a train line that I thought was too far away in just half an hour by going through the park and along some leafy back streets.
  3. A commitment that had become burdensome has gone.
2 Likes
  1. I was able to spend nearly the whole day reading books and playing puzzles.
  2. Wombok. It’s so juicy and sweet.
  3. Breakfast was a mix of vegetables in a cheese sauce. Jeremy called it a crustless pizza.
1 Like
  1. Quite a bit of reading done today.
  2. Chatting with our neighbours and reassurance from them that we’re doing the right thing about downstairs’ dog/our council complaint, etc.
  3. Lisa got us some new chocolate to try.
1 Like
  1. My cycling partners, without whom I wouldn’t have gone riding nearly so
    early or so far
  2. How much of the roads near me are paved
  3. For the new patch of pavement that relieved me of a bunch of anxiety
    that I felt in riding an older patch in the rain.
1 Like
  1. I have bought a new chair and it was light enough that I could carry it home several blocks from the shop.
  2. Jeremy helped me put the chair together.
  3. There are several useful types of shops within walking distance of my house.
1 Like
  1. Figured out a couple of stretches that help with the hip/leg pain I’m having.
  2. Finally reading Katherine Addison’s The Witness for the Dead.
  3. I’ll get to see my parents this week since Lisa’s sitting their exams at my parents’ house. (Of their entire house and our flat, we could only come up with one room which isn’t full of books – my parents’ dining room. So Lisa will sit their exams there!)
1 Like
  1. My backpacking shoes were replaced under warranty
  2. My house didn’t burn down (there was no threat; I was just thinking
    about how much disruption a house fire would cause)
  3. I am able to take a nap today if I need it.
3 Likes
  1. A busy and productive morning working, with two pots of tea at my desk.
  2. A lizard who lives in the roof’s crawl space jumped down to the floor and then scuttled out to the front room where he can usually escape through the front door. Today though the door was closed so he was trapped and I was able to feed him some mealworms that I’d bought as lizard treats just yesterday.
  3. Prompt assistance from another team at work.
2 Likes