Gratitude journaling together

1. Invite for dinner with my dad and Simone on Thursday.
  2. Bellowhead are doing a reunion tour! Not sure if I’ll feel OK to go to a big event like that, especially knowing how crowded their concerts are, but the idea is exciting.
  3. Had a chill day and had a bubble bath instead of one of my study hours today, since I’ll be attending a thing tomorrow that’ll make up for the missed time.
1 Like
  1. My cat demanding that I pat her.
  2. At work in the office today, a manager brought us pastries.
  3. Apricots.
1 Like
  1. A chance to chat with other students on my course.
  2. Booked in for a haircut soon, since my hair is all in my eyes, gah.
  3. Chatting with a university friend and sharing our woes. (I don’t have many woes, these days, but still.)
1 Like
  1. At work I had the office all to myself for half the day. It was peaceful!
  2. A large tree in the park behind my house has exploded with fresh green leaves and white flowers.
  3. A pleasant interaction with the staff in a cafe I haven’t been to before.
2 Likes
  1. Dad made roast potatoes with dinner. He makes the best roast potatoes; I miss them. Lisa knows his methods, but has never quite replicated the results yet.
  2. My dad got me two chocolate advent calendars, with a silly excuse.
  3. Dad always treats my wife in much the same way and got them two advent calendars too.

It’s a very grateful-for-my-dad sort of day!

2 Likes
  1. I can stream David Bowie
  2. I got to ride down a street of Gingko trees
  3. Weather looks good for a walk tomorrow
1 Like
  1. A work friend who’s going on two months holiday said good bye with a hug.
  2. Jeremy did a lot of tidying in our messy living room.
  3. Sultanas.
2 Likes
  1. Chocolate
  2. My second-hand coffee press.
  3. I solved an annoying work problem, as pointed out to me by a colleague.
2 Likes
  1. The clean, relaxed feeling I get after a shower.
  2. Hannah Gadsby. I saw her new show today.
  3. Google’s automatic photo captions that are sometimes funny. I took a photograph of a large crocodile sunning himself next to some trees and Google thinks it’s “a walk in the woods”.
2 Likes
  1. Something I did for my wife was very well received (and continues to help this week).
  2. My wife bought me a cheap Kindle so I can still read ebooks comfortably while my Poke2 is being fixed, since we don’t know an ETA on when it will be fixed.
  3. @mary, for being a joy to work with.
  4. @adamwolf, for the handy “megadueby” table he made me a while back. Just ridiculously handy for me when I’m planning my study time.
  5. Honestly everyone here, but I’ll stop for today. :grin:
3 Likes
  1. Australia’s health care system that lets us have regular colonoscopies for free to check for any potential problems if we are likely to develop them.
  2. The prep for a colonoscopy includes a restricted diet that includes chocolate so for two days every three years I give myself permission to eat as much chocolate as I want. :smiley:
  3. Last night at a restaurant I had a cocktail that consists of a martini glass full of fairy floss (which I love) and an alcohol mixture in a small bottle to pour on top of it. Such fun!
3 Likes
  1. Perl.
  2. Helping family.
  3. Realizing a feature I asked for already exists.
2 Likes
  1. Got to ride in an area I don’t get to visit much on a beautiful day, partily without cars
  2. Got to have a pastrami sandwich, which I’ve been wanting for a while
  3. My heart rate monitor arrived early, allowing me to use it on my big bike ride today
1 Like
  1. Singing. I’m so glad I can sing, and that I’m a soprano – when I can hit a really high note, it feels amazing.
  2. Didn’t have a power cut today despite Storm Arwen’s best efforts. (Touch wood, since we still have a standing warning of the likelihood of power cuts.)
  3. My backup ereader fulfils the most important test of an ereader for me: it fits in my pocket. (This is somewhat tongue-in-cheek, that isn’t the most important test, but it’s definitely another reason to be pleased with my base Kindle. Dang, I still miss the Kobo Mini, though. Someone build me a Kobo Mini-sized ereader with Onyx Boox’s operating system and a backlight built in, please.)
1 Like
  1. Going a full 28 days without a habit I’m trying to break. If I ever get a journal/goals thread up, I’ll post about this some more.
  2. Lots of goals going strong.
  3. Laundry backlog steadily declining.
2 Likes
  1. I found some clips that I think will keep my sunsleeves up while I’m
    riding
  2. I’ve just thought of a use for slap bracelets, if the clips don’t work
  3. A visit to a park that I thought I didn’t like very much revealed that
    the park had some features I had forgotten about
1 Like
  1. There’s new Doctor Who episodes for me to watch.
  2. I have two days off work!
  3. I have a fun coding project to work on.
2 Likes
  1. Nearly Advent! Looking forward to Lisa opening each day’s little box of sweeties + a gift.
  2. Also looking forward to my advent “calendar”, which is a selection of classic mystery/crime fiction and related items.
  3. Having a “take it easy” week because I’ve noticed some stress symptoms (acid reflux, blegh). Still grateful I have that flexibility when my body tells me I need it.
1 Like
  1. Receiving money from the tax man.
  2. A very nice dinner with family.
  3. A compliment at work.
3 Likes
  1. Getting my hair cut today, phew. Needs it.
  2. A surprise postcard.
  3. Watching the bunnies eating their hay. For a few days they were on shop-bought hay and now they’re back to the good stuff from a farm, and they’re showing it with adorable enthusiasm.
2 Likes