- Butterscotch lollies.
- I’m caught up on Doctor Who and am loving this season.
- I found a free story by Tansy Rayner Roberts: Kid Dark Against The Machine.
- Modern plumbing.
- Meat pies.
- I bought my Mum an advent calendar with ink in it, this year… she also bought it for herself. The gratitude part is that she’s actually using it in a way I like, giving away a bottle of ink each day along with a pen.
- Lisa is super excited about the book from their advent calendar today! (Not all the gifts are books, for theirs – I put it together myself, so it’s all kinds of things.)
- My wife got me a book advent calendar, classic crime/mystery fiction. It’s so beautifully wrapped and put together, too!
- Oh yes, modern plumbing for the win
- A working digestive system, for that matter
- Morning workout with friends
- Beeminder stickers in the mailbox.
- Did some data archaeology and managed to recover most of what I was looking for. I’d been putting this off for a really long time as well.
- The sound of rain.
- Jeremy treated me to dinner at a local burger restaurant.
- It was a sunny day which was nice after many days of rain (I love the rain but a change is good).
- My favourite constellation, Orion, is in the sky in the early evenings now.
- I finally tested a wireless speaker I once got for free and had been keeping all but out in the elements and it still works.
- Managed to start a car with a second battery and a pair of jumper cables.
- Clementine season starting!
- Chips and chocolate.
- The smell of freshly mown grass.
- A sunny day let my washing dry.
- Everyone’s taking care of work for me so I can have a day off after being quite ill last night.
- The pain is gone this morning.
- Nintendo support very quickly got me back into my account after I couldn’t use 2FA anymore.
- Made it to a co-working session that I’ve been meaning to join for a
- We’ll be catsitting for more than a week
- My salad greens are still good
Good to be back here after a long hiatus. Things that I am grateful for today
- Early morning meditation
- Writing in my small journal before sunrise
- Cleaning my workspace in the morning
- Fresh laundry.
- My first time ever using a tumble-dryer.
- A new book in the mail.
- These People’s Choice Award photographs.
- Jeremy and I cooked lunch together.
- A bracing thunderstorm.
- Baking cookies.
- Advent of code.
- My razor didn’t break when I dropped it. Thankful for whatever engineering and luck brought that about
- I got to ride as the sun set and saw a particularly vibrant gingko tree
- My friend said yes to trying out my new amaro in a Negroni
- Jeremy and I did gardening together.
- Some plants that I’ve been neglecting are still alive.
- Jeremy made pea soup.
Plants are so resilient…
- Walked someone else’s dog.
- Met a nice fellow dogwalker.
- A hot bath.
- I had a task that required making changes to more than a dozen servers. When I looked into it in detail, I realised that the files to be edited were all owned by a different team, and so they have to do the task, not me.
- A pleasant chat with a new coworker.
- Our organisation, CHDE (which we usually pronounce as chode), has new lanyards with CHDE spelled out on them in Morse Code, or as one of us put it, Morse Chode.
- Feeling a lot better now!
- I caught up on a lot of things yesterday, so today isn’t so bad despite my day off on Friday.
- My wife cleaned my keyboard for me.
- My series of migraines/sinus headaches has finally eased up.
- Got the outdoor Christmas decorations up before it got frigid.
- Finally fixed the flickering lights in the hallway.