Gratitude journaling together

1. Danny’s gissue freshening idea as applied to the help docs means I’ve got the help docs aaall up to date… with very little fuss or muss, since I did just one a day.
  2. I studied ahead a bit on the weekend, so I could take a break today without a problem.
  3. Dad reminded me of my aunt’s birthday in time.
1 Like
  1. I had a fantastic shift at my favorite local coffee shop where I work as a side gig this morning, and my latte art was absolutely on point today.
  2. I have dnd tonight!
  3. I made a delicious fried rice for dinner a bit earlier! We got some nice mushrooms for it.
2 Likes
  1. I managed to avoid a meeting by sending an email.
  2. I got a project to a mini-milestone and feel good about its progress.
  3. Jeremy cooked chicken wrapped in bacon.
1 Like
  1. I studied ahead enough last weekend that I could take a break today as well, because I don’t feel well.
  2. Got to hang out with a friend from my FC on FFXIV for quite a bit this evening because we jumped into a raid together.
  3. Takeout from a favourite restaurant.
  1. A new favourite author has a sale on a series of Loki urban fantasy books exactly at the time when I was looking to buy more!
  2. shanaqui’s influence has caused me to get back to reading much more fiction than I did for regretable years of my adult life.
  3. The Smashwords online book seller - they work with Australian credit cards, have a convenient site, and give DRM-free downloads so I can read them anywhere.
1 Like
  1. Australia’s federal election yesterday went very well, with a large swing towards climate-friendly, diverse, left-wing parties and independents, and with a badly-needed change in the major governing party.
  2. I woke up today feeling relaxed and happy.
  3. Jeremy made tuna patties for dinner.
1 Like
  1. Warehouse 13 - Jeremy and I are rewatching it.
  2. Someone I’ve been training at work has reached the stage where I don’t need to spend much time each day helping them.
  3. Being able to start work late when I need to sleep in.
1 Like
  1. A lazy weekend was well-timed to let me recharge.
  2. Got my new Garmin today.
  3. Started reading a random book (chosen by holding one of the rabbits up to the shelves and waiting for them to kick me), and it has actually been really nice.
1 Like
  1. I had a three-day weekend and it was very nice and relaxing.
  2. I got a new windbreaker/running jacket and I like it a lot!
  3. I fixed a very longstanding bug in another team’s tooling that affected devs companywide at work. Very satisfying!
1 Like
  1. Out of all the Australian election satire, Morrison clears out his office is my favourite. It’s a good summary of a bad PM.
  2. Jeremy is away for a couple of days so I get the house to myself.
  3. My microwave egg boiler.
1 Like
  1. Was #1 in my league on Duolingo. That definitely kept me on my toes to practice last week!
  2. My new Garmin is giving me some interesting data.
  3. The weather’s cooled down again. Always ominous to me (a hater of warm temperatures) when it’s too warm in May…
1 Like
  1. My espresso has been really good recently.
  2. Our friend stopped by last night and taught me how to trim my dog’s nails and my dog is much more comfy now.
  3. The weather has cooled down enough that I get a few extra days of wearing my favorite sweaters!
2 Likes
  1. My fleece dressing gowns. I’ve been practically living in them over the past few days.
  2. Being able to work from home.
  3. Audiobooks.
2 Likes
  1. My dog wanting to play last night and wanting belly rubs this morning :heart_eyes: it’s not unusual or anything, but it sure is wonderful.
  2. One of my longest-standing Facebook Messenger group chats is moving to discord and it’s going surprisingly painlessly and pleasantly!
  3. Re-knitting the cuff of my cardigan’s sleeve (I used the wrong needle size on the first go-round :man_facepalming:) is going much faster than I expected it to.
1 Like
  1. One of my favorite local restaurants has new seasonal items on their menu! Dinner was good.
  2. I’ve been surprisingly consistent recently at going to the gym! My beeminder goal is set to a more “minimum/maintenance” level but I’ve been telling @poisson when I go as a gentle nudge towards my more aspirational schedule and it’s really been working.
  3. We had a huge rainstorm yesterday and it sounded so cozy all day long!
2 Likes
  1. These Filipino students performing a national dance. Their skill and their delight in it are joyful.
  2. This online conversation about making tea and how it morphs into Shakespeare. :laughing:
  3. A slow day at work.
2 Likes
  1. I bought Lisa a new mouse and it really helped with the repetitive strain issues. Score for just going ahead and Doing The Thing.
  2. Lisa was really helpful and supportive when I got epically upset yesterday.
  3. Went to my parents’ for dinner last night, Dad cooked one of my favourite meals, and we had a lot of laughter and chatting.
  4. My mother can’t diagnose based on the case studies I’m supposed to be able to diagnose from either, and she’s a GP. It’s not just me!
2 Likes
  1. My DnD game last night was very comfy. We were all in a silly mood and it was very fun and relaxing!
  2. My wife prompting me to go take another look at the gutter during the rainstorm yesterday (“OK, yes, it’s better, but I think it must still be clogged somewhere, look at that”)—she was absolutely right and I got the clog out and prevented any water from getting into our basement!
  3. New-ish high-level PM at work has been driving individual product teams under him to have conversations about what are values are and how that applies to our work, and it’s been surprisingly productive and good! Turns out we were long overdue for this discussion and there were some tensions in prioritization we were able to turn up and clear out.
1 Like
  1. The Greens have won a fourth seat in our federal election! And it’s for the electorate that I am in - I helped! :smiley:
  2. I like the rationality displayed in the Beeminder But On The Blockchain? blog post.
  3. A local fete that was cancelled due to rain is rescheduled for next weekend.
3 Likes
  1. I went to a 70th wedding anniversary party for two of the loveliest people I know.
  2. Support from managers in a difficult situation with our director.
  3. A much-loathed politician has been removed as leader of one of the losing parties in the recent election.
1 Like