Gratitude journaling together

1. This thing with Michael Sheen (and how many people have linked it for me, knowing I am Welsh).
  2. The boundless creativity of people who are fans of things.
  3. It’s the weekend, and Lisa and I are finishing everything up as fast as we can so we can try to finish Endwalker today.
1 Like
  1. While gardening, I turned around and saw a lizard next to me, waiting patiently for worms.
  2. The garden’s only adult female lizard is out of hibernation and looking healthy.
  3. A small party with some of my friends.
1 Like
  1. The war is going well for Ukraine.
  2. I heard some people on the footpath shouting about a snake and was able to get out there before they started considering hurting it. It was just a small python and we chased it back into my garden.
  3. Neil Gaiman’s tweets and retweets in response to rage from people who think he created Rings of Power and don’t like how “he” made it. It’s been hilarious.
1 Like
  1. Finished Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker yesterday. Wow. The game is art.
  2. One of our friends joined us for the final trial on FFXIV, which was handy because she came in as a healer and had to resurrect us both… several times. She did not lose patience or enthusiasm, though!
  3. Today is a friend’s birthday and I get to spoil him.
  1. While pruning a bush at my garden’s fence, some people walked past with their two dogs. One dog insisted on dragging herself and her owner over so she could get a pat from me, and then the other dog decided he had to do the same.
  2. The Next Day feature in the Sandbox tab in Beeminder’s visual graph editor. I’ve often wished that I could see what a goal would look like tomorrow and that feature has been RIGHT THERE all this time!
  3. Beeminder. I may have mentioned it before. It’s great. :smiley:
2 Likes
  1. We made Siny laugh with his joke presents, and I think he was happy with his real one.
  2. Garmin says I’m actually getting real rest!
  3. Dad’s going to look for the ginger stuff I need, since we couldn’t get it in our shopping.
  1. I’m having success with a new thing I thought of: At the start of the day, I make a small list of the tasks that I am dreading most, even if they’re already on my task list. Having this separate list is helping me do those tasks (and they end up not being so dreadful).
  2. I’m also having success with a thing I read about: At the start of the day, make a list of what would make me feel fulfilled if it were done by the end of the day. It’s great to get through that list!
1 Like
  1. The Bushmaster vehicles that we gave Ukraine are helping take back territory!
  2. They can go roughly twice as fast as a tank, so if you were in a tank being pursued by a Bushmaster, it would be rather like a human on foot being chased by a cassowary, and about as deadly. :smiley:
  3. I have my tablet back after it being left at work for two weeks.
1 Like
  1. An easy day at work.
  2. Watching a Thor movie with Jeremy.
  3. Support from my manager and from my manager’s manager’s manager about a complaint I had to log against my manager’s manager. :slight_smile:
1 Like
  1. It’s Friday! I really need the weekend to get caught up on personal stuff that I’ve been letting slide while I needed to focus on some work stuff.
  2. Now I’ve finished Endwalker, I can chat to a looooong-term friend about FFXIV without spoilers. Like discussing the Lilac Drama Queen. (A favourite character of the last expansion, actually, and apparently not just for me. I have a no-less-fond but slightly different read on his character, but calling him the Lilac Drama Queen cracked me up.)
  3. Finished a book I thought I wouldn’t like, but actually I really did!
  1. Jeremy made lunch for me.
  2. I’m so tired today but I can get to bed early.
  3. Cheese for dinner.
1 Like
  1. Plans to hang out with friends today.
  2. I have ordered a heated throw blanket (because warming me up will be cheaper than warming my poorly-insulated office over the winter). It looks so cosy!
  3. Went from 30th in my Duolingo league to 12th in about 20 minutes.
1 Like
  1. Cheese sandwiches.
  2. Rooibos infusions. I like it almost as much as tea, and I can drink it after my 3pm limit on drinks with caffeine.
  3. I was given some rocky road for no particular reason.
1 Like
  1. Catching up with my family for an afternoon tea.
  2. My aunt had a computer problem that I was able to solve.
  3. My aunt gave me a lift home.
1 Like
  1. Got my 10th clear of a difficult raid on FFXIV last night, with the help of the Chaos Late Night group. All I get is an achievement and bragging rights, but it was something I’d decided to shoot for and now I have it.
  2. Remembered a blanket I made ages ago. It’s not big enough to wrap up in fully, but it helps me stay warm. Yay, past me!
  3. Comfy cosy slippers.
  1. Gorgons Deserve Nice Things by one of my favourite authors, Tansy Rayner Roberts. Preordered!
  2. Recently in our team at work, our responsibilities were reshuffled and I was given one of our more difficult clients. I’d assumed it was just random chance but one of our managers has said that he assigned me deliberately because I am good with clients. So that’s… mostly nice… :slight_smile:
  3. I had some quiet time by myself today.
1 Like
  1. A sweet message from another member of a group that my wife got kicked out of for stupid reasons (political disagreement).
  2. Watching Hulk happily throw herself onto her side into a flop over and over again. No idea what made her so happy, but always nice to watch.
  3. Lisa is making me a hot water bottle to warm up with a little.
  1. Hulk wasn’t eating much yesterday, but seems to be back to normal today.
  2. Managed to get a doctor’s appointment with ease for the first time in years. Here’s hoping that means they’ve improved their systems and coverage, rather than just that I found it before most other people did.
  3. Help from other workerbees to get some stuff sorted out.
  1. Digraphs in vim.
  2. The Counterpart TV series.
  3. Our department sent us an email about Australia’s day of mourning and was sensitive to those of us who may feel differenly (“We acknowledge that for others, particularly some of our First Nations staff, the public holiday may be cause for reflection on the impacts of colonisation on Australia’s history.”)
  1. Jeremy made toast with garlic butter and cream cheese. It was so good!
  2. Gentle rain for most of the day.
  3. I’m heading to bed with warm socks and blankets.