Gratitude journaling together

1. The GP I saw yesterday was nice.
  2. I have tickets for some of the stuff we want to do in Edinburgh all sorted out in advance.
  3. Might be able to afford a new phone this month.
1 Like
  1. A day off work.
  2. Good work-related news for a friend.
  3. Jeremy did a whole bunch of trimming of a vine that is growing over the roof.
1 Like
  1. Mum and I have been able to choose a location for a bench memorial dedicated to my grandfather, and by chance we’ve been able to pick a very meaningful spot. (We chose a park that would be very appropriate by itself, and then they offered us two potential sites within the park.) It’s actually a spot with a view of somewhere he used to take me and my sister to play.
  2. I feel like I must’ve mentioned this already, but my heated throw blanket is arrived and is so cosy.
  3. Able to take it a bit easier today.
  1. An @alys when I need to talk. :blue_heart:
  2. I have a backup ereader, so when my main one died, voila.
  3. Lisa’s gone to get my new medication for me.
1 Like
  1. The weather was perfect today.
  2. Scent from flowers in our garden blew into my office.
  3. A long walk with Jeremy.
1 Like
  1. Dad checked over our car for us for our drive next week.
  2. Quiet day ahead.
  3. Hung out with friends for a while last night, unexpectedly.
  1. Due to careless shopping, for a while I owned FIVE deodorants. I’ve FINALLY used them up so that there’s only one left and the lack of clutter is pleasing.
  2. A day spent mostly reading and playing mobile games.
  3. I’m enjoying the Fletch novels.
1 Like
  1. I bought a new mattress online this morning and it was delivered this afternoon.
  2. It’s eco-friendly in various wasy! ecosa.com.au > Sustainability
  3. Jeremy has decided to paint the kitchen, as a prelude to adding a splashboard behind the sink and replacing the VERY old linoleum.
1 Like
  1. I’ve ordered a new phone. (Thanks @adamwolf for the advice!)
  2. Mum is paying for our petrol and food while me and Lisa are in Edinburgh.
  3. I decided to start work half an hour late and take it easy this morning because my medication taper is doing a number on me, and it was the right choice.
1 Like
  1. I saw a tree with four birds nests in it, with a bird sitting in at least one of them.
  2. One of our favourite pizza places is delivering again, after a break of several months due to flooding.
  3. Sanding the kitchen walls is progressing well.
  1. I should be able to pick up my new phone later.
  2. The energy company are actually reducing our payments, as we’ve got comfortably in credit. I’m not letting them reduce it as much as they suggested, at least for now, but it’s a relief not to be one of the households seeing a big increase.
  3. I managed to figure out how to play Fable 2 on my computer. (Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and then the cloud streaming option. It was a gamble as I don’t have an Xbox at the moment, but it works! And only £1 for this month.)
  1. Fun surprise news from a friend.
  2. Cheese and biscuits with workmates after work.
  3. Discovering that I have some of one of my favourite teas at work.
1 Like
  1. If I narrate what I’m doing in the inbox (in super general terms like “I’m cancelling the charge and now I’m fixing the graph… okay, done, now I’m just gonna tell 'em that and… email sent! Next up…”) then I can sometimes get myself over whatever mental block is slowing me down and speed through the inbox. Lisa doesn’t mind vaguely listening to it. :tada:
  2. Playing Fable 2 over lunch.
  3. Dad’s come over to sort out the lawn and he managed to find me gingerbeer despite a general shortage. (It really helps with my weird digestive issues.)
1 Like
  1. Jeremy has finished sanding the kitchen walls.
  2. I loved watching him vacuum the kitchen table after each sanding session. :smiley:
  3. A small chocolate for an after-dinner treat.
  1. My thermal undershirt is really toasty warm, actually. And nice and soft!
  2. I have gingerbeer again thanks to Dad.
  3. We were able to get the bunnies settled in with a sitter who knows them from before and has always taken brilliant care of them.
  4. Byyyeeee I’m off for my long weekend! :laughing:
1 Like
  1. My old mattress has been collected for recycling.
  2. Jeremy has done one complete coat of paint in the kitchen and half of the second coat.
  3. It’s a three-day weekend.
  1. I had time today to help Jeremy with the kitchen painting.
  2. Jeremy makes great garlic toast.
  3. Warm clothes. The weather has turned startlingly cold again.
  1. Back from Edinburgh in one piece, and back with the bunnies! Biscuit has been particularly needy and it’s very cute.
  2. I have my course materials now for the new semester and I will admit to feeling somewhat excited about them. I was worried I wouldn’t, because I felt so burned out at the end of last semester.
  3. Feeling refreshed from the holiday.
2 Likes
  1. We’ve finished painting the kitchen walls, apart from a fixed cupboard that still needs another coat.
  2. The kitchen is still in chaos, which is a perfect excuse for pizza for dinner!
  3. I missed a bus today by 20 seconds but my reaction was to laugh instead of being annoyed.
1 Like
  1. The kitchen is usable again so we celebrated with bacon and cups of tea.
  2. There is a (thankfully) extinct, squid-like version of Clippy. :scream:
  3. Maltesers.
1 Like