I made a custom dashboard for my goals

I’ve made my own auto-refreshing dashboard. I slightly tweaked the buffer colors to make slightly more sense to me. I’m happy to answer any questions about it!

Sign in:

The dashboard proper:

13 Likes

It looks amazing. How much time did you spend on it?

2 Likes

Thanks!

Woof. Not sure. Maybe 10 hours so far? I’m not a software developer so it’s slow going at times.

3 Likes

This looks gorgeous! Thanks so much for making it and showing it off. Are you ready to share the link to it?

3 Likes

Thank you!

Pretty soon! But not quite yet. I want to clean up some funkiness in the code before I make it more public. But I’ll post here when I do.

3 Likes

Alright. Here you go. There’s a link to the source at the bottom of the sign-in page.

7 Likes

I did a “character pass” on the dashboard, trying to make it a little less austere. Soon the emoji will be changeable and persistent, but right now they’re just random.

7 Likes

Currently experimenting with this sort of timeline/kanban view. I’m trying to get out of the habit of line-riding and want to better see what I should prioritize at any given moment.

5 Likes

Nice! What did you use to create it?

1 Like

It’s built in Svelte/Sveltekit. You can see the source code here.

1 Like

I found this view really interesting! Thanks for sharing your work-in-progress app with us :slight_smile:

I wanted to give it a shot but can’t submit my token :thinking:

Here’s what I’m doing:

Nothing happens. Including no network requests to Beeminder API.

I thought maybe input doesn’t handle the paste well, and needs an input event. So I deleted the last character of my token and entered it again.

It looks like I’m getting this error when I type something into the token input:

I use Arc. I tried with a vanilla Chrome too. In that case I didn’t see the error. The button click still didn’t lead to anything.

4 Likes

Sorry about that. Are you putting in the whole bracketed JSON object that comes back from https://www.beeminder.com/api/v1/auth_token.json (including the username)? This is a usability problem that’s been on my radar since the beginning that I’ve never come back and addressed, but I know it’s difficult to know what exactly goes in that text field.

As far as the error goes, I’m not sure what’s going on with that! I haven’t been able to reproduce it in Arc, but I’ll keep looking.

And I apologize but I also haven’t released this timeline-centric view yet. I just whipped it up quickly this weekend, and the code is not good and it’s almost certainly buggy. :grimacing:

1 Like

Ah that explains it, thanks! I now see the hint in the placeholder text :slight_smile:

Before reading your reply, I’ve been pasting only the token and not the whole object.

Looking forward to the release of the new view :rocket:

2 Likes