iOS app graphs show oldest 4 out most recent 5 data points

I seem to remember the iOS app graphs showing the last 5 data points. They now show only 4 data points, and the last one isn’t included. For example, if my last five data points are

20 1 "darn that Bob and his cake baking"
21 3 "read the whole Dogs I Have Known series, fabulous"
22 2 "conceived frictionless universe, but it slipped away while I was distracted"
23 6 "gave that lecture at MIT to standing ovation"
24 4 "seventeen great ideas before breakfast, what a day"

Then I see this on the graph page in iOS:

20 1 "darn that Bob and his cake baking"
21 3 "read the whole Dogs I Have Known series, fabulous"
22 2 "conceived frictionless universe, but it slipped away while I was distracted"
23 6 "gave that lecture at MIT to standing ovation"

It occurs for all my goals, manual or autodata.

2 Likes

Eek, yes, that was a brief bug, but should be fixed in the latest version. Can you confirm you’re on 5.6.2? (Should be shown on the Settings screen.)

I am on 5.6.2, and the problem is now gone. How odd. But nice. I’ll take it!

2 Likes

I’m guessing you weren’t on 5.6.2 before and it auto-updated. If that sounds wrong that could still be some cause for worry. Keep us posted if you see any other fishiness!

Probably! The timing just seemed incredibly convenient. Unless 5.6.2 released yesterday…

Weeeeeeeelllllll, now that you mention it… this doesn’t seem right:

Data tab in browser shows the correct situation:

[EDITED: I’d mistakenly posted a shot of the data tab for a different goal.]

1 Like

Actually, that one makes it look like the iOS app is just showing the difference from the previous color. This one is a better example:

This is the situation for the “different goal” mentioned in the EDIT above:

Data tab in browser:

I had this yesterday too, with my iPhone showing all 5 and my iPad showing the wrong 4. Turned out that the iPad was on version 5.6 and just hadn’t got around to auto-updating itself for a few days.

Apparently there’s some auto-update logic that tries to account for whether it’s plugged in, or has enough battery, or the right time of day, or the stars aligned, etc before it updates. So it could well have been on the prior version for several days even after the fix was released

To update manually, or to see what’s updated recently, you need to click on your smiling face in the App Store app. Writing that down here for myself, because I hunt for it every time, now that there’s no longer an updates tab…

2 Likes

I’m on 5.6.2 and am still seeing identical green / blue / orange amounts oddities for only some goals in the iOS app:

Patterns:

• The Do More goals with this issue are the ones that only have zero-valued datapoints in the last five days. All my Do More goals with non-zero datapoints in the last five days exhibit correct behavior.
  • The first image above doesn’t fit this pattern (it has a non-zero datapoint in the last five days), but it’s a Do Less goal. It’s my only Do Less goal (aside from my weight goal, which is not on YBHP), so I can’t offer more insight than that.
  • All my goals, correct and incorrect behavior, are now YBHP (except for weight and one that’s about to archive).
  • All my goals exhibit correct behavior in the browser. In particular, the last image above is for a goal that needs 30 minutes in 8 days, and the browser dashboard and goal page both correctly display this number.
1 Like

Hi Grayson! How about now?
http://beeminder.com/changelog#3389
http://beeminder.com/changelog#3390

Looks good!

Fixed!

IMG_1435

Fixed: This now has correct integer precision (I can only enter yes = 1 or no = 0, so no need to see that I have 1.18 days of buffer :slight_smile: ).

Also fixed? Not fixed? Hard for me to tell: It still repeats the number for orange / blue / green, but possibly that’s because my rate is so low that the difference is rounded away now.

IMG_D5EDCF9148C1-1

1 Like

I decided that in fact, I did want two places of precision, so I can watch my buffer inch toward another day of wanton junk-snarfing freedom. So I can now confirm that yes, the green / blue / orange numbers are correct:

1 Like