New Design: Unresponsive script on dashboard

I’m getting “unresponsive script” errors every time I load the dashboard page. This seems to be new, as it wasn’t happening yesterday. When I stop the script, there are no countdown timers and I’m no longer able to use any of the clickable features of the dashboard (ie, expanding goals, switching the display of total/rate, etc)

I’m using Windows 7 64-bit and Firefox 49.0.1

Edit: Added a bit more detail. Also true with Firefox 49.0.2

1 Like

Also seems to be true in the gallery view. Same error message as in the original screenshot.

1 Like

Thanks @gretchen ! I don’t think this is related to the new design… are you still seeing it? If anyone else sees this and is getting the same, definitely let us know. My first guess is that it could be related to the overall slowness (and possibly related to the DDoS on the general internet today, but that might be wishful thinking).

1 Like

Still seeing it, yes.

2 Likes

It also seems to kill the dropdown that’s accessed from the honeycomb icon by my name - it doesn’t drop down at all.

On the other hand, I’m not seeing it in Chrome (Version 53.0.2785.143 m).

1 Like

That sounds correct about the dropdown not working either. The script it’s referring to is the javascript file on the page, which is required for a lot of the UI to work properly. We’ll see if we can reproduce it.

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem. Windows 7 (64 bit) and the latest Firefox here as well. As a result right now the dashboard is only good for opening goals in new tabs …

3 Likes

I was having this issue as well. In Firefox, I went to Help->Troubleshooting Information, which opened a new tab. In the top right corner of the tab, I clicked on “Refresh Firefox…” Either I wasn’t patient enough or Firefox crashed after refreshing, so I ended the Firefox process in the Task Manager and re-opened Firefox. Now the Beeminder script is working for me again.

3 Likes

Hi everyone - I think this should now be fixed for good (as of a few minutes ago), so please keep reporting it if you see it! The issue had to do with localStorage, which is why resetting Firefox/clearing Chrome/etc fixed it for people. But as of a few minutes ago you should no longer have to even do that. Thanks again for all the help debugging! cc @moredakka @gretchen and especially @josefb122 who provided a key clue.

1 Like

I can confirm that both the dashboard and the gallery are working for me now. Thanks for all your hard work!

3 Likes

Yep, all working now. Thanks :slight_smile:.

1 Like