Request: Show only goals due today

Oh I’m totally with you! I guess I should have worded it more like a user story. Like: As a sometimes easily distractible user I’d like to have a way to strongly highlight / emphasise goals that are due “today”.

And yes settings are the devil. Except when not. This is not one of those “I don’t have the guts to make a hard call right now, let’s delay the decision to later (= the user)” moments.
This is a “people go to bed at different times” sort of deal. I don’t even know when I’ll call this a day “today”. Will it be before 12pm? Very likely not. Will it be before 2am? I think so, but I thought this the other day too and then it was 3 something all of a sudden.

And no the colours do not distinguish today vs tomorrow. Not for me. They almost do, but I got a number of goals (= 2) that have quite early deadlines (12 am and 1 pm respectively) and they tend to be eep a lot because I enjoy lazy breakfasts maybe a bit too much. These goals will be red even though I can’t do anything about them right now when they are red to me. And that is one of the things I want this request to fix (in whatever exact way).
For instance one of the goals is my earlybird goal and it’s about getting more than x hours done before 1pm. And the idea is not to stay up after midnight and do it then :wink: But that’s what the colour red is telling me.

Hope that makes it a bit clearer. A visual divider, an optional grouping into “Due today”, “Due tomorrow”, … , faded out goals that can be ignored for a longer time, … whatever floats your boat.

I just want two ways to look at my goals: One to manage then. And one to actually do them.

1 Like