Have some big project that you’ve been putting off? One that needs more concentrated attention than just beeminding 30mins/day?
Host a Personal Hackathon!
In particular, host one next weekend, when I’m going to be showing off Complice’s new Custom Schedule Coworking Rooms! (There are already pomodoro-based coworking rooms) And I can provide you with a snack budget!
It’s an event that’s very easy to host: just get people to show up ready to work, then enforce the work/break blocks (which is made even easier by the Complice room). Here’s the Facebook event description I used: (go ahead and copy it for making your own)
(“Hackathon” in this case doesn’t specifically refer to coding. I mean, you can code! But you can also hack on yourself. Or whatever! Do something meaningful! There’s a list of ideas below.)
- Form a small group of similarly committed people. ✓
- Commit to a date, time, and location to get stuff done. ✓
- Decide on what you want to accomplish.
- Arrive on time fully prepared to get stuff done.
- Work as intensely as you possibly can for every work cycle.
- Actively rest during the breaks.
- Celebrate after you’re done!
WHAT TO DO
What you can do is practically limitless. Here are a few examples:
- Process email inbox completely down to zero
- Advance a critical work project
- Prepare job applications
- Read through backlogged documents
- Write out life plan and life goals
- Begin tackling a life goal (e.g., learning a new language or writing a book)
- Set up financial accounts
- Take practice exams
For more info, see http://www.personalhackathon.com/