Show off your goals and how you're Beeminding them!!

I have quite a few examples, and I talk about them a lot in my thread, so here you go! Looking at my page, each goal has a little written purpose in its description. My apologies for not keeping with your format. :slightly_smiling_face:

Writing
  • Writing: This keeps track of each word that I type on Draft, which eventually will become a finished work within one of the following:
    • Blog: My current blog, connected via IFTTT on Medium for ease of automation. I’m still trying to find my voice and what I’d like to consistently write about, but I am going to be starting to post bi-weekly.
    • Journalbar: That’s my Bee journal thread! A side-blog where I force myself to review and reflect what I want/ought to be doing vs. what I’m actually doing.
    • Morning Pages: Using Google Docs and URLminder, since that allows you to change the 12am default deadline. Under construction still. :sweat_smile:
    • Poetry: I’m currently writing a new poetry chapbook, and publish one new piece per week via Tumblr and IFTTT.
  • Twitter: Not exactly related to my other writing, but I’ve been using Twitter as a private, short journal for daily summaries and progress.
Productivity
  • Productive Time: A daily count of software and website monitoring with RescueTime. Recently had to increase the rate to 3 hrs/day, since I’ve been on the computer so much.
    • GitHub: Keeping track of the commits I push to my coding repositories, also had to increase the rate since I’ve been programming a lot.
    • Courses: Keeping track of the courses I’ve been taking, currently on a good tutorial about SCSS and Tailwind!
  • Distracting Time: Ideally, I want to be spending all of my recreational time on analogue, since I have to spend so much time in front of a screen for work, also with RescueTime.
Physical Health
  • Daily Activity: I’m aiming for 10k steps a day, and I usually take an hour-long walk or bike ride daily–I find it really helps with my ability to work mentally, via FitBit.
  • Sleeping: Sleep hygiene is a major issue for me. I need to convert this to a custom goal since I also want to cap the amount that I’m sleeping to further improve my consistency, also via FitBit.
  • Weight: Tracking the fluctuations in my weight, also also via FitBit.
  • Foodlog: Manually writing down everything I eat during the day. Definitely should be transferred to something more automatic (like w/ FitBit) to actually count calories and nutrition.
Mental Health
  • Gratitude: Manually writing down one thing that I’m grateful for, each day.
  • Meditation: Tracking the amount of time I meditate each day via Apple Health integration on the iOS application and various meditation apps. Currently just doing simple timed meditations with Insight Timer.
  • Prayer: Practicing the Rosary prayer via the Rosarium app on iOS which has a nifty Beeminder integration.
Lifestyle / Misc.
  • Duolingo: Currently in the emerald league! Aiming for two lessons in French per day.
    • Clozemaster: Similar to Duolingo, just tracking the amount of points I earn per day. A good supplementary that’s easy to add.
  • Books: Currently taking out audiobooks on Libby which are not only free, but also give me only two weeks to make sure I get through the entire book.
  • Jobs: Tracking with Google Sheets and IFTTT, I add the company, job title, date to a new line on the spreadsheet, and that triggers IFTTT to add the data to Beeminder.
1 Like