Trouble logging into Android app

Hi there,

I’m writing to report an issue I’ve only seen mentioned once on the forums so far. I can’t log into the Beeminder app. I think I created my account via my Google account, and the app’s login window only displays icons for twitter or facebook. When I use my google account’s information, I get an “incorrect password” display.

Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Hi!

Can you email support@beeminder.com?

Thanks!

Sure thanks!

This topic is kind of old, but apparently it’s what comes up first on a search about Android and Google log-in, so I thought I’d give it a quick update on the current status!

It’s not currently possible to log into Android via Google, but you’re not stuck! You just need to get a password set, and then you can use that to log in on Android (while logging in with Google will still work elsewhere). The same actually applies for iOS at the moment, for Github and Twitter log-in as well as Google.

You can set a password under Account Settings on the web version of Beeminder (click the icon at the top right of the page for the dropdown with that link) and use that to log into the mobile app. You can also just send yourself a password reset link, and that will let you set a new password (even though you never had one before).

The most up to date information is often in our Help Docs, when you have questions.

3 Likes