Update On School Goal

I made a post a few weeks ago asking help for making a goal to help get school work done (Need Help Creating Goal). Well I am glad to report to I think I figured it out. I originally did not think a time goal would work. However I have tried it the past two weeks and it has worked great. The last two weeks instead of not getting my homework done the day before its due I am done with all my assignments and it is only a Wednesday (this week and last week). In other words it is working great! Thank you all for all the suggestions!

6 Likes

Awesome! How did you get around the problems you had mentioned with a time goal?

@zedmango

1. With the problem of not having enough time I have not ran into that yet as I found an 1hr and 26 minutes is not hard to fit in. In fact this Monday I went on a multi hour walk with my fiancée and still had time to spare. If there is one thing Beeminder has shown me is I have more time than I thought. However if I know there is a day in the future I will be gone all day I just make sure to have all school work done by that day.

2. With the problem of getting done early I simply created an item entitled “All done for the week” in Toggl if I get all school work done early. I just log the required amount of time for that day under that. Some probably would not like that since it is “fake data” to a certain extent however I don’t mind as the goal does what I want and that is I get my school work done earlier and I am not stuck doing everything at the end of the week.