Video Coworking?

To be honest, I find 45 minute pomodoros with 15 minutes break less than optimal.

The breaks just feel to long and I feel ripped out of my work flow and drawn into things that I don’t want to be drawn in, because I allow myself to spend time on them.

5 minutes don’t allow for an immersion into those things and I feel that the short time cap acts like a safety cap for preventing them starting to be a part of my life again (in the grand scheme of things).

45 minutes with 5 minutes break would probably feel better for me or 25 / 30 minutes with 5 minute breaks.

What do you think?
How do you spend your pomodoro break time?

Is there any way to change the settings of the room temporarily or would we have to create a new room with alternative settings?

1 Like

I agree with you, though I am partial to the longer pomodoros, so I might go for something like 45 or 55 with 5 minute breaks.

I’m not the owner of the room so I doubt I could change the settings…

2 Likes

55 minutes with 5 minutes break sounds good to me, I would like to test that.

Let’s create a new beeminder room with those settings?

1 Like

I’ll be in the room today! Not sure if I’m going to pay attention to the poms — couple meetings today, and if I’m in flow state like you guys said it’s tough to be yanked out.

But I also didn’t sleep well last night, and I need to go somewhere where the social contract applies or else I’ll stare directly at the wall and blink for 10 hours.

1 Like

Joining you, bro. I think I’ll also be ignoring the poms.

1 Like