Beeminder Forum

wakatime integration

Is it already possible to connect to wakatime.com and setup a beeminder with it?

Not yet but this one may be coming soon! Would you like to help with it?

I would like to help, but I have the assumption this takes more than 5 hours with my skill level of programming… therefor I think it’s better if someone with a bit more experience fixes this… But I’m eager to see if I can understand what is needed to fix this…

@dreev I’m also in great need for this and instead of developing and hosting my own solution, it could be beneficial to contribute to the existing one, if I could have a look at other integration code.

That would be awesome. We aspire to get this really streamlined where you can follow the template of an existing integration and have it be super straightforward. We’re not there yet but you could help us get a little closer… First step would be to sign our CLA before looking at our other official integrations: beeminder.com/cla

All the Beemind.me and Nectar integration’s are open source:

The Nectar web and mobile apps provide a framework in which developers can easily create new integrations and add metrics to the 32 existing integration providers. There are detailed instructions here (click on the third “Developers”) if you are interested.

I said that because I’m a pythonista and if I understand correctly Beeminder is written in Ruby. I have enough commercial experience to work with virtually any common language (did a minor PHP project, lots of JS/React on the side) but I may need to see how some of the similar integrations are written not to do anything stupid.