Beeminder Forum

What IFTTT recipes would you like?

Hi All,

IFTTT allows you to use as many recipes published from their integrations as you’d like on the free plan and so I thought I’d reach out to the forum group here and ask what IFTTT recipes you’d like to be able to use. Give me some ideas, I’ll toss up a poll in a couple of days, and I’ll put together the 3 ideas with the most votes up next week for you to use. (I’ll likely reiterate and add more after that, but I don’t want to promise more than I can deliver in a week!)

1 Like

Hi Mary,
first of all thanks for your ifttt recipes.

I am using the meta-beeminding script (if datapoint added to one goal, add a +1 to another goal).
The first goal in my case is a kind of project log. So with each added datapoint I document, what I worked on.
The second goal, which gets a +1 for every datapoint on my project log, is so to speak my guard.
I makes sure, that i work on the project daily and add at least one datapoint.
If i work a lot on the project, I might add 2 or 3 datapoints to the project log over the course of the day.

In this case however, the ifttt-script will run multiple times. The second goal then will be incremented more than by 1 per day. Therefore I would gain a lot of safety buffer, which defeats the purpose.
So can there be a modification, that would add exactly zero or 1 points to the second goal, but not more? In other words: The script should ignore any additional datapoint in 24 hours.
Thanks