Why are do less goals auto-summing ?

Right now my only goal is a “Do Less” goal, because I want to graph at what time I go to bed, and try to make it earlier. But the graph for “Do Less” goals are auto-summing, which means I get to see the total number of hours after 23h I slept since I started this goal (which isn’t helpful), and I don’t have a clear view of whether I’m going to bed earlier or later than when I started (granted, this is also due to the low number of data points).

So why do “Do Less” goals auto-sum? If you’re trying to get a statistic down (like how often you do something), seeing the aggregation of all the time you engaged in the activity you want to avoid strikes me as counter-productive.

1 Like

The default for both Do More and Do Less is auto-summing but you can set either of them to odometer mode (which is called Odometer and Whittle Down, respectively). If you email support they can change your existing goal to odometer mode. I think that would make it behave the way you want?

You probably do want it to be auto-summing even though the cumulative total number itself isn’t helpful. It’s what makes it possible to beemind your average lateness to bed. Check out the illustration from @grayson linked to in this discussion:

If you don’t mind linking to your graph though, we could help make sure it’s doing something sensible.