Withings data no longer updating

Just a quick question: I’m using the Withthings Body scale to send my weight data to Beeminder and it is no longer updating (I’ve missed 5 days now).

The data is there on Health Mate though.

Does anyone have any suggestions about this?

Thanks!

R

Working for me! Can you email support@beeminder.com about this?

1 Like

This just happened to me too — when I emailed support they suggested going to Account Settings > Apps & API, removing the Withings authentication, and then adding it back. That worked for me.

2 Likes

Ah yes, that resolved it.

Thanks!

@dreev maybe something for you guys to bear in mind if anyone else asks or something to debug?

Thanks!

1 Like

This does seem like a potential UVI though — is it really not possible for Beeminder to tell the difference between “Withings authentication has expired” and “there is no new data for user’s Withings goal”? If it is possible to tell the difference, it would be nice if a message popped up suggesting that I need to redo the authentication rather than just silently fail to fetch any new data.

1 Like

Sometimes it’s possible, sometimes it isn’t. I added it to the bugtracker to see if we can detect it… we do have a setup to put a persistent error on goals just for this reason.

3 Likes