Beeminder Integrations MEGALIST

Done! Always let me know if the forum isn’t letting you do something. I can do other things like bump up your trust level or whatever.

1 Like

Added two more integrations!

P. S.: I hope it’s okay that I bump this thread after updating the list, so people would notice those updates and can give feedback.

1 Like

@matti Would Tasker go on this list?

2 Likes

Do you mean this thing? https://tasker.joaoapps.com

Yeah. If you have both Tasker and the Beeminder app on an Android phone, you can use Tasker to submit data to a Beeminder goal, so seems like that might fit under “Tools to create arbitrary integrations.”

2 Likes

Other possibilities: integromat, found at integromat.com, and huginn, found at https://github.com/huginn/huginn

Oh, and we should mention @narthur’s TaskRatchet!

Anyone know if @matti is still updating this?

2 Likes

@zedmango Thanks for the ping. I think I’ll keep on updating the list as long as stuff is brought to my attention. I did not add Taskratchet, because although it is a great thing, it does not offer a Beeminder-Integration.

2 Likes

@matti Actually… As of yesterday, it does. :smile:

3 Likes

It does? I didn’t get an email! How does it work? More details please

Sure! @adamwolf pointed those out here: track lateness to online meetings - #6 by adamwolf

1 Like

It’s the simplest possible integration for now. Go to your settings and authorize TaskRatchet to access your Beeminder account, then set a Beeminder goal name in your TaskRatchet settings. From then on a data point will be added to that Beeminder goal every time you create a new task.

I’m certain the integration will be able to do more in the future, but this is a start. :smiley:

2 Likes

Why send a data point for creation as opposed to completion?

Because that’s the integration I wanted in order to make sure I dogfood the service. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

But why?

I’d rather have a beemergency for creating a new TaskRatchet task than one for completing a task.

Why?

Because TaskRatchet tasks are their own commitment devices, and I prefer my Beeminder goals to be as straightforward to satisfy as possible while still making their intended impact.

Why?

Because I edge skate a lot so I don’t want satisfying my goals to take more time than necessary to the value they provide.

Why?

Because I’m a very akratic person.

Why?

I have absolutely no idea. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Hey @matti! @narthur has started a Beeminder Wiki and I had the idea of adding this list to it, that okay with you? :smiley:

2 Likes

Go ahead. Sounds like a cool little project. :slight_smile:

1 Like