Beeminder Tasker plugin reliability issues

I have a few goals which rely on Tasker for data entry, but I’ve noticed that sometimes it fails to submit data to Beeminder. As in, the Tasker task will execute and stop the Beeminder timer, but the Beeminder app won’t record the data point.

Has anybody else experienced this or have any ideas?

2 Likes

I asked @saranli who thinks it might be device specific, like maybe the Beeminder task is getting killed before it gets to submit data or something. Super fuzzy so far but keep letting us know when this happens or if anyone else has observed the same thing.

Thanks so much for reporting the bug!

Thanks. It seems like Beeminder is getting the memo at least enough to shut off the timer. So something is failing between stopping the timer and submitting the data point. It’s a Nexus 5 running 4.4.4 in case it matters.

2 Likes

Yep, I’ve also encountered this bug. It’s usually after Tasker submits the data. The Beeminder app hangs up and doesn’t send the data. I get a warning that Beeminder isn’t responding and if I want to force close/wait. It works most of the time but every now and then it fails to send the data. I usually know what data is missing, so I can add it manually without a problem. I’d rather not let myself add manual datapoints to an automatic goal though. :smile:

I’m working with a Galaxy Note 4 running Android 4.4.4.

2 Likes

Yes, on my nexus 4 I also notice that sometimes tasker does not submit data to Beeminder.

2 Likes