Android Beeminder not Syncing

Hi, since the last update, Android Beeminder seems to have stopped syncing. According to it, I’m now derailed on three goals and in emergency mode on two more. According to the website, I’m fine. And the Android app keeps putting up reminders about the emergency mode apps.
I’ve tried pressing the Sync button but that seems to be doing nothing.
Not a big deal as I can go via the web app, but something I think worth knowing.

2 Likes

thanks for the report! does a log-out/log-in to clear the current cache change any behavior with the sync button?

1 Like

No difference. Still showing me derailed on three goals.

1 Like

This is the behaviour of the app I encounter any time I am near to filling up the device memory. So it might be advisable to clean up a bit for it to start synching again.

3 Likes

I just checked for any errors specific to the server side pushing data over to android, and see nothing. If you can send a bug report from within the android app – In the app’s main settings menu choose “send feedback” and include debugging info, that’d probably be helpful!

Thanks!

1 Like

I just wanted to also tag @saranli on this. Like @bee says, submitting the bug report from within the app is ideal but I also wanted to make sure @saranli saw what @scarabaea said about the ungraceful failure when there’s not enough space left on the device to sync. Thanks everyone!

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll tackle my cleaning. I’m running out of things to move to the SD card.

I have added detection/reporting of low space problems on our todo list. However, it seems strange to me that signing out and back in still resulted in incorrect reporting of goal status. You did use the goal gallery menu item “signoff” to sign out of the user, right? Finally, an in-app bug report through the “Send Feedback” menu option would indeed be very helpful.

2 Likes

I used the signoff on the main page, not on an individual goals page.
I’ve set the bug report, it will show up as being from a different email address than my beeminder account.
I’ve cleared off some space and my Beeminder app is working well again.
Thank you for your help.

1 Like