BM for iOS

…hasn’t been working for about a week or two. It may have something to do with the new operating system change on iOS? In any case, I just get the spinning dial/clock thing and that’s the only thing that I see…

I don’t think it’s related, either, to the numbers/Arabic issues that I’ve written about elsewhere on the forum. But in any case, now BM is doubly unusable since I can’t even use it to check my bees/charts on iOS. (And Android is also not working, as I’ve written about elsewhere). Slowly being edged out of the BM sphere…

2 Likes

Hi Alex. It’s been working for me. (iPhone 5S, iOS 9.0.x, UK settings)

Mine does occasionally get stuck spinning. The work-around is to tap the ‘settings gear’ and then back to goals, which seems to clear whatever was stuck.

It’d be a good #UVI to have that unsticking sequence tied to a visible refresh arrow icon, which is more discoverable than being able to tap settings on an otherwise non-responsive screen.

tagging for @apb

2 Likes

Hmmm that trick for going to settings and back to goals doesn’t work for me.

Could it have something to do with the server issues that are preventing the Android app from working as well?

In any case, it’s just stuck spinning…

(I’m iPhone 5S, Arabic settings, latest iOS update).

1 Like

Here’s a barrage of things to try:

The API is served from the same IP as the website. Does the website work from your phone’s browser?

If yes, does it work when you’re using mobile data?

Conversely, does the app work when you’re on wifi?

Are both your devices on the same carrier-network? If not, do they behave differently for the above?

And of course, you’re in the best position to test whether the Arabic settings are having any influence, by turning them off and re-testing whether the app and/or the website work over mobile data. Yes, that’s likely to be a pain, but so is continued non-access to the apps!

Thanks for your perseverence.

h/t @insti for brainstorming the common elements!

1 Like

The API is served from the same IP as the website. Does the website work from your phone’s browser?

Yes. At least, within the 1password browser. I deleted/disabled Safari from my phone a while back, but I don’t think that will make much difference.

If yes, does it work when you’re using mobile data?

I don’t have a mobile data plan on my phone. So no idea, sorry.

Conversely, does the app work when you’re on wifi?

Doesn’t work on wifi.

Are both your devices on the same carrier-network? If not, do they behave differently for the above?

Both on same wifi network. I have no carrier network / no mobile data plan or sim-cards etc.

And of course, you’re in the best position to test whether the Arabic settings are having any influence, by turning them off and re-testing whether the app and/or the website work over mobile data. Yes, that’s likely to be a pain, but so is continued non-access to the apps!

I would happily do this, but Apple has an annoying tendency to wipe the cache of the phone when you do that, and there are some apps where I’d instantly lose a lot of data, so I’m wary of doing that for the moment. If BM only works in an English-enabled mode, then I guess I’d have to consider switching it back. But I’d want to take a bit of time to export all the data out etc. It’s fairly time-consuming to check everything’s saved.

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed reply. It eliminates some possibilities, one of which was weird restrictions by your (non-existent, as it turns out) data carrier.

1 Like

For what little it’s worth, I just tried setting my phone’s “region format” to Saudi/Arabic and the app updated fine (apart from the data-entry issue).

3 Likes

We’re working with Uluc to try to figure out the android sign in problem, but it’s super baffling, and we’ve been unable to reproduce that issue elsewhere… like, I can try logging into multiple android devices with no problem, etc.

So tagging @apb on this – any ideas on this iOS bug report? I had another complaint in support today about somebody having trouble with iOS and their iPhone 6.

3 Likes

iOS still not working. I checked it today, hoping maybe whatever magic was worked on the Android server issues might apply to the iOS version, but to no avail. The main page just spins and spins, even after reinstall and a new sign in etc.

1 Like

It sounds like @apb is close on the new version of the iOS app. Very grateful for this bug report and may be worth intervening manually on whatever token issue happened here, like we did for Android with @saranli. Let me also tag @bee who can maybe point us in the right direction here.

The today widget has never linked to the app for me. Always gets a pop-up notification saying “Unsupported URL”.

iOS 9, iphone 6.

1 Like

Same here, iOS 9, iPhone 5s. “This URL wasn’t loaded: Beeminder://”

On my screen the display is also not very useful; it seems to list all of my goals, which ironically means that the ones that are actually for today are mostly hidden. (Looks like it’s a vertically-centred chunk of text, so I only see the middle 23 goals.)

UPDATE: should’ve specified that I was still talking about the ‘today’ view.

1 Like

The app in general works well for me, but one of my goals that I un-archived a week or so ago doesn’t show up. All my other goals show up and work fine.

1 Like

Can you send me a screenshot of this?

1 Like

Thanks for this bug report dustin - this is a known issue and is fixed for the next release.

2 Likes

Just a friendly ping that the iOS app still isn’t working for me. Reckon it has something to do with the login issues that were causing problems for me over on Android?