Here’s the incredibly hacky way that I get data from my beeminder weight loss goal to all the services I use on a daily basis. These include Google Fit, Strava, and MyFitnessPal. This may only work on Android, though I suspect Apple’s healthkit does something similar.
- Create a free fitbit account. Even better if you have a fitbit.
- Create a free IFTTT account.
- Link Strava, MyFitnessPal, and Fitbit, and any other services you want to have your weight information, all to Google Fit.
- Create an IFTTT recipe which takes the datapoint value from your beeminder weight goal and updates it in FitBit.
- The data propagates to all other apps using Android’s sharing API.
I always vaguely wanted this feature, so I didn’t have to update my weight in a bunch of different apps, but never really sat down to figure it out until now.
Hope this helps for anyone else who wants this. It’s hacky but works for the time being.