Is there a TagTime (Android) API?

I started using TagTime again on my Android phone. I now have an Android Wear device. I kept missing the TagTime phone notifications (in my office I have the notifications at low volume and I don’t like vibrations) so I made it so that TagTime notifications showed up on my watch. Cool. A great improvement.

Then I thought (daydreamed, actually) it would be cool if on the Android Wear device I could pick the tag from a very short list (two or three tags) and have the device post the tag for me. That seems to require a TagTime API. I can’t do this project myself, I was thinking of bringing it up to a developer friend, but an API seems a do-or-die requirement.

Why not talk directly to Android Beeminder? (It seems there is an API.) Don’t want to re-implement the entire stochastic magic, for one thing.

Eh?

Clark

4 Likes

I think this is the source code for TagTime for Android. You could build support for smart watches directly in the main app.

2 Likes

I’ve done some work on TagTime and its integration with the Beeminder app. I don’t know much about how Android watch communicates with other devices, so I am not sure what it would take to present an API to out-of-phone components such as an Android Wear device. I am sure it is possible, and I suspect it would be relatively straightforward but I don’t own an Android Wear device so I can’t try implementing it for the time being. I agree that it would be a great feature to have though.

3 Likes

Cool! I forwarded the info to my developer friend, who of course may or may not be interested.