Mysterious little padlocks

After the discussion got me to change my exercise goal to no-mercy recommit, I decided that a new goal I set up today should also be.

But I can’t. :frowning:

For some reason there is a little padlock next to the “no-mercy recommit” box, I get a no-go sign when I hover over it, and I can’t check the box. What’s up with that?

It’s possible that this is there for a totally legitimate reason, but if it is then the bug is that I have absolutely no idea what that reason is and the UI doesn’t make it at all obvious.

2 Likes

It’s definitely suboptimal to have the settings just left in amongst the regular (non defaulty) settings like this. The padlocks and the descriptive text were a cheap solution to “what should I do with these settings if they’re defaulty”?

1 Like

Ah, I see. For some reason I read that and still completely failed to make the connection with the padlock.

I like that i can set this as a default though, thanks.

1 Like

Thing that is still a bit of a cheap hack but might be useful: The hover text when you try to click it is still the standard “Do it! Or are you too chicken?” (which I’m not a huge fan of anyway TBH). It might be nice to change that to “You need to set this to non-default to change it”.

It might also be nice to just automatically turn off defaulting if you change it.

3 Likes

How about making the padlocks also link to the defaults section of user settings?

3 Likes