Zoom graph

It seems that there is no way to zoom it. Why?

1 Like

I believe now the more appropriate question is: When? :wink:

The current graph is a raster graphic driven by matplotlib, the new one is close to hitting the shelves I believe and is driven by d3js.
Also see this request for SVG.

With the new graphing comes vector graphics for the graph I assume. Why they havenā€™t turned on the SVG output of matplotlib I do not know but maybe one of the devs can comment on that.

In the meantime I use the screen zoom feature of macOS to zoom in. Or you can use the zoom level in your browser. It ainā€™t pretty but for the time beingā€¦

Also you can manually zoom by adjusting the settings of the graph:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a pretty good summary!

Donā€™t forget, you can go to https://road.beeminder.com/ and get an interactive zoomable graph.

4 Likes

ah, this is super useful, thank you for linking it!!
(iā€™ve yet to ever use the graph editor, so this page hasnā€™t really been on my mind.)

around a hundred-ish days/data points is where the visuals start to get a bit blurry for me, i guess, and now i absolutely crave that zoom feature for some of my oldest goals :sweat_smile:

edit to add: i first looked in the help docs on zoom info, and the first page that came up was the the article How do I interpret the graph? - Beeminder Help. the only mention of ā€œzoomā€ on there is under the section Can I change where the graph starts, or make the end-date of my goal visible?

You can adjust the range shown on the graph in your goal settings by changing the ā€œx-minā€ (initial value on the x-axis), ā€œx-maxā€ (maximum value for the x-axis, e.g. the date you want the goal to end), y-min (initial value displayed on the y-axis) and y-max (maximum value on the y-axis). This is useful if you ever want to hide an earlier portion of the graph, or if you want to temporarily zoom in on one section for a closer look!

it might be useful to add there as well that graph.beeminder.com can help you zoom / make the end-date of your goal visible! (i think road.beeminder.com now fully redirects to graph.beeminder.com? at least they both send me to the same page more or less.)