Beeminding crafts

I know there are a couple other beeminders out there beeminding knitting and crafts. For a long time I had a time spent goal that was kind of my fun goal. Like “I get to go do craft now because Beeminder says I have to.” I think I quit that one at some point because the burden of manual data entry – sometimes I would forget to count time, since it was my fun activity, and then later an eep day would come up and I’d know I had done something but have no idea how much… it eventually got frustrating.

Right now my major problem with crafting is starting things and never finishing them, so I’ve got a very low rate / long term goal to finish things, with 1 finished object due per month. I can enter partially finished objects, but I can’t jump around once I enter something. So I estimate this dress I’m sewing is 80% finished, and enter a 0.8, then I’m committed to finishing it (or frogging it) before I can start counting something else… I’ve only made it through a few months, but it seems to be going well so far!

6 Likes