Beeminding sleep: Bed time or duration?

If anyone has beeminded his/her sleep, what worked best for you? Bed time or duration of sleep? What had better effects?

btw, @bee can you get sleep data from the Garmin API? :blush:

3 Likes

I Beemind duration, but since I use Sleep As Android, I also have bedtime data automatically recorded when I need it. Fantastic combination.

2 Likes

I beemind the time I hit the ‘track sleep’ button in Sleep as Android. I have a ‘do less’ goal of 1 per day, I.e. to go to bed before 1am. Would be useful to have bedtimes added to Sleep as Android functionality!

2 Likes

I don’t have a fancy sleep tracking device, and my getting up time is guaranteed to be within small range so I just beemind bedtime.

2 Likes

Surely it depends on what you want to ‘improve’. (:

I’ve got plenty of goals that I measure from different angles, so you might want to track both. Though I suspect that tracking ‘time in bed’ may be a better (i.e. directly controllable) measure to beemind than ‘time asleep’ (which is an outcome of many factors).

You’ve doubtless already found these relevant threads:

• Beeminding Bedtime
  • [Someone posted about experimenting with several sleep-related variables]( “I couldn’t find it…”)
3 Likes

No link? :slight_smile:

did you read the hovertext? :slight_smile:

I’ll be glad to update it with a link if anyone can find it!

2 Likes

Sleep Time by Azumio is a good iPhone app which tracks total time in bed as well as awake, light sleep, and deep sleep/REM ( based on motion detector data.)

Would be great if Beeminder would build in sync with Apple HealthKit to automate data entry, the same way my Withings scale drives weight data.

2 Likes

Hi there, I use Garmin. Here’s my input Get sleep start time from Garmin?

1 Like