Am I the only person seeing this? FYI if not. Situation:
Many of my goals record completed Tasks in Todoist. The data gets to BM via IFTTT applets of the sort “IF Todoist task in category X is marked completed, add 1 datapoint to Beeminder goal Y”
On three dates recently (Nov 19, 21 and 22) IFTTT went wild and REsent data from Todoist tasks it had already processed and sent for dates going back to mid July. This dumped over 100 “new” data points on each of those days into several of my goals.
I checked my Todoist activity logs for the affected categories - TD did not resend that data. The IFTTT applet activity logs did show it sending all those data points on those dates.
Result: I had to do massive manual cleanups, deleting every erroneous data point. This sometimes resulted in an immediate derailment on a goal for which I legitimately hadn’t kept up but because that was disguised by the extra duplicate data I had not received any warning that I was close to derailing.
I am paying for IFTTT Pro. All of these manually created applets existed before they started the pro requirement. I’ve sent a message to IFTTT about this - will report back if/when they reply.
If you use IFTTT to send data to your goals, do a quick eyeball check of your graphs for a sudden vertical jump on one or more days!