[BEGINNER] How to set daily limits and not pass the target to next day if I have exceeded current day targets?

Hi,

I am a newbie (newBee) and I have set a daily target of not exceeding 30 minutes on social media through rescuetime. But I see an issue here, if I use social media for 5 minutes today, it says I can use 55 minutes for next 2 days which kind of doesn’t serve the purpose. Can anyone help me in simple terms how do I set my 30 minutes hard limit everyday and not transfer the unused time to next day limit?

2 Likes

You have options. But curious: have you considered reducing the rate such that building up buffer wouldn’t be such an issue? Like 10 minutes a day so that after three days of nothing you’d have 30 minutes built up?

1 Like

I was looking for an option that doesn’t let the unused time get accumulated for the next day. Can you please guide me on that? Regarding your query, I was looking for a hard limit on a daily basis.

1 Like

Auto-retroratcheting to 0.5 would do what you want, but it is a paid feature.

Side note: what happened to the discussion about making this feature free/available on a lower paid tier?

Still something under discussion! I’ve been gathering opinions via user feedback, and it’s all looking pretty convincing, but there are some concerns about how best to implement it (e.g. should we completely flip things so you have to pay to be able to keep safety buffer? or just make the existing feature more available? – I have opinions on this, but here I’m just saying that that’s a concern to figure out before we make changes).

2 Likes