Specific day of the week goals

I’m not sure why I didn’t reference beescheduler

For those that use it, I’d like to point out that it doesn’t play well with scheduling breaks (doesn’t work at all), and I don’t think there is any active development. The guy who made it @enolan hasn’t been active on this forum since 2017.

There are so many instances where this feature is much needed for myself personally:

• accounting for weeknight goals, like anything related to bedtime routines, or planning for the next day
  • workouts: if I miss a day, it may not be feasible to then do 2 in a row, or move the entire schedule over to accommodate. .
  • deep work. It would be much better if I spent 1h of SQL interview practice problems MoWe, and 1h applying to knowledge to a project on TuTh. Instead, I end up doing 1/2 an hour on each, which significantly erodes the quality of the work I do.
  • Fridays off - Frankly, I don’t really need to be doing anything on Friday, and I actually often start my work on Sundays, depending on football season.

Really, beeminder doesn’t work for anybody who’s not a M-F worker. I understand that probably covers 98% of users. My guess is that’s why this issue doesn’t get more attention.

But if there is already a “weekends off” feature, why can’t there be a thursdays off feature? It’s like if beeminder only supported EST

…but this is an extremely basic feature to have. It is crazy to me that the devs don’t wake up every morning thinking about this.

There is not a task management platform, habit tracker, alarm clock, or calendar system with recurring events in existence that does not have the ability to do this.

The response from beeminder on the forums has been a polite:

What I’ve learned from support has given me the impression that this isn’t in the pipeline, so I’m going to tag @dreev here.

This post also gets at the issue.

4 Likes